Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When you deadlift do you drop it from the top?

AlwaysOn

When you deadlift are you supposed to drop it from the top of the movement?

OR

do you gently lower it down, then let it completely deload on the ground, then lift again

I have never seen a single person deadlift before, even though I have worked out at many different gyms.

Isn't that sad?

don't let go of the bar at the top as most gyms will toss you out on your ear. control it on the way down, but do a rapid descent. don't do a negative with it

It annoys the heck out of me when people just drop the bar. It's very noisy. Like Dev said, get it back down without stressing your back. Deload fully on the ground for best effect, maybe even reset your grip if you need to.

Devastation said:
don't let go of the bar at the top as most gyms will toss you out on your ear. control it on the way down, but do a rapid descent. don't do a negative with it

good description..
even in a meet you have to cnmtrol the descent but like Dev said its not a negative

youll also better your dead but resetting after each rep rather thean using touch and go

touch and go is alright up to a certain point, then again do what feels comfortable

If you are pulling on a deadlift platform, by all means throw the weight down with a vengence. However if it isn't a platform, just lower the weight down at a pace so not as too damage the floor or make too much noise.

as devastation said, don't drop it, just lower it fast and in control. when doing reps, i only let the bar rest for a second, reset my hands if needed, and pull again.
i disagree with psychedout- don't ever drop the weight unless you have an endless supply of bars and are wearing steel tipped shoes.

Top Bottom