Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when to start doing heavy ab excersises if looking for a six pac

twowheels

My goal goal for the past six months has been to get a six pac. I started with a bodyfat % around 22 and now its around 14%. I have been cutting for all these six months nad my stomich is deffanitly getting smaller. When shuld I start doing heavy ab excersises to build up my abs(I heard working the abs is basicly worthelss if there coverd by a lot of fat)? Now at 14% or shuld i wait untill im down to 12% or even 10%? Also what are some good ab exercises other than crunches and sit-ups(i dont know the name of the excersises, I need a description of what to do or a link to a website that tells me what to do).

twowheels said:
My goal goal for the past six months has been to get a six pac. I started with a bodyfat % around 22 and now its around 14%. I have been cutting for all these six months nad my stomich is deffanitly getting smaller. When shuld I start doing heavy ab excersises to build up my abs(I heard working the abs is basicly worthelss if there coverd by a lot of fat)? Now at 14% or shuld i wait untill im down to 12% or even 10%? Also what are some good ab exercises other than crunches and sit-ups(i dont know the name of the excersises, I need a description of what to do or a link to a website that tells me what to do).

It might be a surprise to but the best exercises for the abs are the dead lift and squat.

I say work it now, what do you have to lose? Do decline situps with a dumbell or plate, leg raises with weight between your feet, and weighted crunches, work them like other muscles... 3-5 sets, moderate reps. Having strong abs not only improves appearance but can prevent hernia and improve posture.

Start from birth: it's never too early to strengthen the whole abdominal region and pelvic girdle. Your core helps you almost every time you pick a weight up and it has the same muscle memory as everywhere else so even if your goal is eventually just to look tight you should start straight away. Make sure you also work obliques and your lower back to avoid crippling muscle imbalances.

A short search should leave you with a plethora of core and abdominal workouts.

Yes start now, to see your abs you need low BF but I always say you need to have something under there anyway to chisel down to.

For sure start now. Strong abs help in deads and squats, which help overall body strength. 6 pack?? I'm working on a kegger, but look more like a party ball.....haha

Top Bottom