x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

When every exercise is a shoulder exercise...

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about When every exercise is a shoulder exercise... within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Just whining... or is it whinging. Started back with the weights and shoulder stability limits darn near everything. I'm trying not to rush myself into and injury this time but it is ever so tempting to go harder. I'm trying very hard not to start with tendonitis and go downhill from there but I seem to have a real tendency to mess up my joints over the years. Is this a common issue or am I just old and broken? Thanks, Bob

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Bro

When every exercise is a shoulder exercise...

Just whining... or is it whinging.

Started back with the weights and shoulder stability limits darn near everything. I'm trying not to rush myself into and injury this time but it is ever so tempting to go harder.

I'm trying very hard not to start with tendonitis and go downhill from there but I seem to have a real tendency to mess up my joints over the years.

Is this a common issue or am I just old and broken?

Thanks,
    Bob

Re: When every exercise is a shoulder exercise...

Someone abused bench presses, behind the back lat pull-downs and and barbell behind the back presses... am i right? How old are you?

Good Bro

I am recovering from a dislocated shoulder / frozen shoulder and I have some stability limits in my left arm. Basically it takes a lot of time to heal a joint especially when there is a lot of internal damage to the joint itself. Just take it easy and don't overdo it. I find the main lifts squat and dead lift do not cause any pain at all. Just go light with bench right now I'm working at around 30% of my max for 4 sets of 15. When you do light weight for high reps with shoulder exercises they work the joint a lot more and help it to get back into the shape it once was. Also, have you tried stretching because my instability is caused by a lack of ROM in the rotation of my arm, which causes pain/discomfort for some presses.

Pushups and dips are good for strengthening the shoulder girdle because they are closed chain. Reduce the number of exercises you are doing to keep the volume manageable whilst the shoulders are getting strengthened. Squats, row, and maybe deadlifts should not be too big a problem, so get good at those in the meantime.