Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When every exercise is a shoulder exercise...

RobertFontaine

Just whining... or is it whinging.

Started back with the weights and shoulder stability limits darn near everything. I'm trying not to rush myself into and injury this time but it is ever so tempting to go harder.

I'm trying very hard not to start with tendonitis and go downhill from there but I seem to have a real tendency to mess up my joints over the years.

Is this a common issue or am I just old and broken?

Thanks,
Bob

Someone abused bench presses, behind the back lat pull-downs and and barbell behind the back presses... am i right? How old are you?

I am recovering from a dislocated shoulder / frozen shoulder and I have some stability limits in my left arm. Basically it takes a lot of time to heal a joint especially when there is a lot of internal damage to the joint itself. Just take it easy and don't overdo it. I find the main lifts squat and dead lift do not cause any pain at all. Just go light with bench right now I'm working at around 30% of my max for 4 sets of 15. When you do light weight for high reps with shoulder exercises they work the joint a lot more and help it to get back into the shape it once was. Also, have you tried stretching because my instability is caused by a lack of ROM in the rotation of my arm, which causes pain/discomfort for some presses.

Pushups and dips are good for strengthening the shoulder girdle because they are closed chain. Reduce the number of exercises you are doing to keep the volume manageable whilst the shoulders are getting strengthened. Squats, row, and maybe deadlifts should not be too big a problem, so get good at those in the meantime.

Top Bottom