x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

When doing cardio and weights on the same day, what's the minimum time in between?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about When doing cardio and weights on the same day, what's the minimum time in between? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: I heard it was 4 hours, but don't know if that's true. I believe that cardio immediately following a weight workout is counter productive. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

When doing cardio and weights on the same day, what's the minimum time in between?

I heard it was 4 hours, but don't know if that's true. I believe that cardio immediately following a weight workout is counter productive. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

The minimum time is precisely 3hrs, 6 minutes, and 42.35 seconds. Brother, there is no answer here. I feel it is better to do cardio first in the morning, then eat something. Maybe eat somehting again and then hit the gym.

Pro Bodybuilder
    I beleive that cardio period is counter productive. I personally cannot do cardio and lift on the same day. My training intensity goes to shit. I quickly loose focus and energy if I do morning cardio several hours before I lift. If I do cardio after training I quickly overtrain and burn out. The next day I feel run down and again my training sufferes because of it. If you're hitting the weights full bore you should barely be able to walk out to your car after a workout let alone do cardio. I get too fried personally. I like to put every ounce of my energy and recuiperative abilities into my workouts and leave the treadmills for the people who think their going to acheive a six pack coming from 50% bodyfat by doing endless hours of cardio.

bump

bump

Chasing TheTerminator away from my 14 year old sister :o(
    Originally posted by Nathan
    The minimum time is precisely 3hrs, 6 minutes, and 42.35 seconds. Brother, there is no answer here. I feel it is better to do cardio first in the morning, then eat something. Maybe eat somehting again and then hit the gym.