Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when doin west side, can you...

TheOak84

add exercises? like some bicep work, or in areas that need improving?

i had the flu and lost some strenght and took it easy for a while, with school and shit, so i really need to get back into it. im kind of getting the soft look :(

also, whats a glute ham raise? is that the machine where the hot girls get in the doggie style position and lift up with their legs?

nah, a ghr is when you raise yourself with your glutes and hams, well, that didn't explain much..........there's a specific machine for it, if your gym had it, you'd know.........but you can do it on a lat mach, you gotta face the other way, with your heels under the knee pad and kneel on the seat, it'd be best if you had a broomstick to lower yourself and then you pull yourself back up with glute/ham strenth......you can do these from the floor to, if you can find something to hold your feet down.

ah, we dont have that.. can it be substituted? stiff leg deads? it prolly wont be as good, but i think itll still work

TheOak84 said:
ah, we dont have that.. can it be substituted? stiff leg deads? it prolly wont be as good, but i think itll still work
you can but technically no..stiff legs are much harder on the CNS compared to a ghr as well as the rest of the body..you can try to do sldl but i just do regualr ham exercises like seated leg curls and such

wnt2bBeast said:
you can but technically no..stiff legs are much harder on the CNS compared to a ghr as well as the rest of the body..you can try to do sldl but i just do regualr ham exercises like seated leg curls and such

oh ya, thats a better idea

Yes, you can add biceps and whatever else you want. The great thing about that program is you can fine tune it to what works for you. www.elitefts.com even has a training template leaflet out that has a workout for "people who want more mass."

I usually add some bicep work with hammer curls after my bench days. My training partners Monster and JoePalooka vary their WSB training to add exercises that they feel are a weakness. You just have to make sure you recover from any extra workouts you do. I have a sled to help with recovery and also with mass when I do extra workouts. Check the website that I gave you for a TON of information on WSB.

The G/H raise is in my opinion the best hamstring developer I have found. It's hard to substitute other exercises for it.....but you can simulate it on the floor.

This is how we did it when our gym didn't have one:

Take a power rack and drop the pins to the lowest position where you feel you can get your ankles through. Put the pad that people use for squats on the pin. Place a mat in front of it to pad your knees. Get a box and put it inside the rack. YOU ARE ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE RACK. Brace your ankles underneath the pad and rest your knees on the mat. Have a training partner jam the box against your feet on the inside of the rack and put the pressure of your big toes on the box. Resist allowing your body to come down and please keep your hands in front of your face. When you are on the floor, push with your hands to get your body started all the while squeezing with your hamstrings.

It's harder than the actual g/h raise, but it helped us build up our hams until we got the machine for it.

G/h are a lot harder and work the glute along with more of the hamstring and calve than a standard leg curl. There are many different ways to do them, but that machine can really not be substituted. Brent Mikesall who has a 1100 squat says that is the machine that he will not do without.

curgeo said:
G/h are a lot harder and work the glute along with more of the hamstring and calve than a standard leg curl. There are many different ways to do them, but that machine can really not be substituted. Brent Mikesall who has a 1100 squat says that is the machine that he will not do without.

i agree with you but MOST gyms do not have one and not everyone is willing to shell out af ew hundred for a ghr bench..there is no sub for ghr's but some form of hamstring work is better than none

Top Bottom