Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When do you work out?

When do you work out?

• Before breakfast (4AM - 9AM)

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • After breakfast (9AM - 2PM)

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Afternoon / Before dinner (2PM - 7PM)

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • After Dinner (7PM - 12AM)

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Late night (12AM - 4 AM)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the.gladiator1987

Platinum
Just had a baby and its hard to go to the gym because of my schedule now with 2 jobs and a lil man.

When do you guys go? I work early mornings and nights fri-sun so id have to go mon-thurs. I think Im gonna start going in the AM after breakfast. I have never gone in the morning consistently but when I wait tilll night i get too lazy and then decide not to go

Congrats on the child. It will change your life all for the better. The best thing to do is work out when time allows. It's that simple because that child will take a lot of time. I was like you when my son was younger and I was going to school and working two jobs as well. I worked out when i could....which wasn't a lot.

Just find a little time and go. It may not be the optimal thing for your physique, but it's all about balance in your life as you know.

Congrats on the child. It will change your life all for the better. The best thing to do is work out when time allows. It's that simple because that child will take a lot of time. I was like you when my son was younger and I was going to school and working two jobs as well. I worked out when i could....which wasn't a lot.

Just find a little time and go. It may not be the optimal thing for your physique, but it's all about balance in your life as you know.

Thanks bro. I definitely have different priorities now. I am only 21 too so I am a young dad but I love the little guy.

Im thinking of doing whole body workouts because it will be too hard to stay on a set routine. I just wonder if it would be better to just get it over with in the AM or like you said just whenever. Because if i have to wake up earlier.

The bad part is that I just came off cycle about 2 months ago so I am getting smaller and I have hit the gym 2x in the last 3 weeks. lol

I feel ya dude. When I became a dad, much the same thing. I had just come off a cycle and it was hard to train. I think Wendler's 5/3/1 would do you very well because it focuses on basics and squats, bench, deads and military presses w row. It is basic and will help you maintain what you have. Just adjust the poundages accordingly.

I feel ya dude. When I became a dad, much the same thing. I had just come off a cycle and it was hard to train. I think Wendler's 5/3/1 would do you very well because it focuses on basics and squats, bench, deads and military presses w row. It is basic and will help you maintain what you have. Just adjust the poundages accordingly.

I actually like that a lot because you go to failure every workout on the last set but its also not a lot of volume so it allows you to do that. Would you recommend the 3day or 4 day split?

I would recommend 3 day split only because of your time restraints. You can add an extra workout if you have time, but if you do the 3 day, you will be able to make sure you get to the gym. It takes about 45 min to complete a workout if you are pushing it. It is relentless and it allows you to adjust poundages. The only problem with it is boredom doing the same stuff, but if you watch the weights climb during the wave and push the last set you do past the amount you are supposed to get, it is fun, doesn't take much time, allows for muscle gain as well as strength.

Thanks bro. I definitely have different priorities now. I am only 21 too so I am a young dad but I love the little guy.

Im thinking of doing whole body workouts because it will be too hard to stay on a set routine. I just wonder if it would be better to just get it over with in the AM or like you said just whenever. Because if i have to wake up earlier.

The bad part is that I just came off cycle about 2 months ago so I am getting smaller and I have hit the gym 2x in the last 3 weeks. lol

Usually I work out early morning, but it seems like that isn't exactly an option for you.

I'm on a tight college schedule (believe it or not, some college students do have tight schedules lol) and so I have been training a lot differently in order to squeeze workouts in where I can.

What I've been doing is supersetting 2-3 excercises that work 2-3 different muscle groups; one excercise is the rest from the other. After finishing those, I'll move on to another of the same thing with different excercises. Never takes any more than an hour or so for me to burn out pretty good so its perfect for elbowing in a nice workout between class or something.

I'm also digging the results so far!

I train after work around 4pm, the more things that come into your life the less you can really focus on training, but having a child is a positive so Im sure you dont mind making adjustments mate :)

I have two kids, so I workout whenever I can work it in schedule. My week looks like this.
Sat & Sun I always workout
Mon-Fri I try to get in the gym at least twice during the week.

My gym has child care, so it is nice I can take my little one with me, and give mom a little break while she gets dinner ready.

Congrats on the kid. I have a 15 month old so I know what you mean about trying to work out. Probably why I haven't been to the gym in 2 months. Work got busy and child was growing fast.

I found the best time to go was early morning before gf/baby woke up.

I would wake up at 5:30, have a banana, shake, some eca. Wait 30 mins have a prework out and I would be ready by the time I got to the gym.

I'm starting to get back into it Monday , trying to hunt down a routine after being off.

Top Bottom