Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when bluking what is to much cardio

Alright, I am in Iraq right now, and besides the obvious downfalls, the worst thign I am going through right now (when it comes to weight lifting of course) is the fact that it is on average 125 degrees throughout the day. and as if the heat is not bad enough, and the uniform didnt make it bad enough, I have to wear about 55lbs extra in protective gear all the time.

So with all that in mind, I am trying to figure out how much cardio, if any, do I need to do with my work out.

The one and only catch...I am in the army, so I do have to be able to run the PT test when needed...

I dont even do cardio myself. Occasionally I swim a few lengths in a pool, once a week. You definately dont need to add any cardio to your daily routine. Not for bulking anyway. Cardio just gets in the way for me, and slows my progress. Id say, just do enough cardio so you can pass that PT test, unless you think your going to need more endurance for the tasks ahead. I used to bike 14 miles a day for transportation to the gym, but since I got my car and stopped doing cardio all together its helped my gains immensely. Youre obviously lean already if your doing all that endurance work. At the same time though, you dont want the lifting to interfere with what your doing out there. Theres always time to KILL that shit when you get back! For gaining though, Id say cardio mostly gets in the way, though minimal cardio, maybe 15 mins a day might not hurt. Im sure you can still make gains out there though, just at a slower pace. Hope that helps!!

YEP , NONE is best.

When you bulk you need to eat more than you expend ( in cals )

Let's supose your BMR is 2.500 cals and you lose around 1.000 cals with intense lifting . So , you would need to eat 3.500 cals to maintain your weight . BUT when bulking you gotta increase , about 500 cals at LEAST . So , you would eat 4.000 cals .

If you do aerobics , you burn cals ( lets say 500 cals , and then you will get back to 3.500 cals ) . NOT good when trying to BULK .

Just my 0.2 cents

Victor

I continue cardio 5-6 times a week when trying to put on lean mass, but I guess I'm in the mainority here so I'll cork it.........This game is 90% diet...........cardio really has a limited effect............I do it for sanity purposes..............

You won't burn 1000 calories from intense lifting if you're doing a 30-60 minute session. I would think more along the lines of 300-500. Either way, cardio is good for general health of the heart. It's pretty difficult to create a perfect metabolic enviroment in your body so you can gain muscle and lose weight at the same time. Not impossible. Just very difficult that it might as well be so.

If your goal is to gain mass, some fat will come with it. If you want to do cardio, do it for the purpose of staying healthy.

Tom Treutlein said:
You won't burn 1000 calories from intense lifting if you're doing a 30-60 minute session. I would think more along the lines of 300-500.

>>> Depends on your weight , depends on a lot of things . Metabolic Rate , suplements taken before workout , depends on intensity of the training and what kinda training . I weight 225 lbs and with 50-60 minutes of weight training with my intensity and using ECA before it , I am pretty sure I burn around 700-1000 cals .

Victor

I think I will limit to about 1 session a week for about 20 minutes, just to get my HR up, and keep my body in a little cardio shape. All your comments are good, and I appreciate everyones help. My only other question is if the heat affects how many calories I should intake. The hotter it gets should I try to eat more?? thanks again

Top Bottom