Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

when is best to do cardio & what intensity?

splizzit

I searched this forum & got the consensus that light cardio or LISS is best after weights; I totally agree from both research & experience. ...and I see that HIIT is the choice for burning calories.
1. I only saw 1 mention of splitting intraday.
for recovery & energy, would it be better to split weights & cardio- weights AM, cardio PM... than stacking it right after weights.
2. would this split more easily accommodate doing HIIT since right after weights sounds bad. ...or, would it be better to do all HIIIT on an off day (maybe not the day after weights, but another off day)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardio builds a strong heart.. those that do cardio have low HR for a reason.

cardio DOES NOT 'burn fat'.. fat storage and burning are 99% diet lifestyle which includes what we eat, when we eat, how often we eat, etc etc.

even when i was running 45 miles per week i still had a rock solid diet to stay lean. it didn't give me the right to eat shit.. the mistake i see people do all the time is do cardio at the gym for an hour, then go eat garbage. in the end you will not lose fat sorry

so treat cardio as something to boost heart health which will help you towards your fitness goals.. don't think that cardio gives you the right to eat big macs and fried chicken

as far as when to do cardio, how often to do it, etc. that is completely up to you and your goals. if you want to be a good half marathon runner then you should focus on just that.

cardio builds a strong heart.. those that do cardio have low HR for a reason.

cardio DOES NOT 'burn fat'.. fat storage and burning are 99% diet lifestyle which includes what we eat, when we eat, how often we eat, etc etc.

even when i was running 45 miles per week i still had a rock solid diet to stay lean. it didn't give me the right to eat shit.. the mistake i see people do all the time is do cardio at the gym for an hour, then go eat garbage. in the end you will not lose fat sorry

so treat cardio as something to boost heart health which will help you towards your fitness goals.. don't think that cardio gives you the right to eat big macs and fried chicken

as far as when to do cardio, how often to do it, etc. that is completely up to you and your goals. if you want to be a good half marathon runner then you should focus on just that.

im not really over-interested in the fat burning aspect. I put on muscle with weights and use diet for that. when training, i rarely eat junk food and stay in macros for current goal. my goal is cardio and endurance for sport. muay thai is explosive, not interested in marathon ha.
My question was more concerned with timing in relation to optimizing that in relation to strength & lean muscle gain. I have read only a few studies, but they suggested cardio right after heavy weights could impede on muscle recovery & growth. Makes a lot of anecdotal sense to me as i am hammered after a heavy session including 1-2 heavy sets to failure. I just read here that almost everyone preferred doing light cardio right after weights. Im not sure how much time schedules creates this. so in a perfect world of no time constraints, i was wondering if to maximize gains from weight session, it might be better to rest, eat, wait 4-6 hours, then fo cardio like an am/ pm split. next, i was thinking HIIT after weights sounds counter productive for maximizing the weights session, so I thought am/pm it might be abetter choice, if not doing on an off day. my diet is solid, i’m not looking for an excuse to eat a big mac; im simply wanting to get lean gains from weights, while my second goal of being in shape for boxing requires I must do some road work (LISS) as well as HIIT. so i want the optimal place in my schedule without either infringing on the other’s benefits, going catabolic with overtraining, extended sessions, etc.

^^^ when i was strength training I would hit the gym for strength training

the cardio I did was things like hiking with my dogs, bicycling, kayak, etc. I did not over do it with cardio because my body was simply too over taxed as it was

if your gym is like a mile away, try walking to the gym or bicycling. that would be plenty of cardio for a strength training goal.. dont fall into the bodybuilding bullshit you see on youtube where these guys are lifting heavy weights like gorilla's then doing lots of cardio on the elliptical and stairmaster.. it is all a ruse. either those guys are on so much shit and dedicate their life to it, or they are flat out lying. I used to be one of those people too, my body wore itself down bigtime. all you young guys who don't want to listen to what i'm saying wait 5 or 10 more years and you will see.

I searched this forum & got the consensus that light cardio or LISS is best after weights; I totally agree from both research & experience. ...and I see that HIIT is the choice for burning calories.
1. I only saw 1 mention of splitting intraday.
for recovery & energy, would it be better to split weights & cardio- weights AM, cardio PM... than stacking it right after weights.
2. would this split more easily accommodate doing HIIT since right after weights sounds bad. ...or, would it be better to do all HIIIT on an off day (maybe not the day after weights, but another off day)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason why you saw different answers is different things work for different people. So TRY BOTH. See what works for YOU!

I honestly think it is personal preference. I prefer to do LISS after training for 30 minutes. Personally I do not enjoy cardio so I don't enjoy HIIT.

You can burn calories with any type of cardio, doesn't matter if it is liss or hiit or whatever. It all comes down to how much you do it.

With hiit, if I remember correctly you can burn more calories in less amount of time but you can obviously get the exact same results with doing liss, but you just have to do it for longer period of time.

What I've personally seen is that doing higher intensity training can in worst case negatively impact so I would advice to be careful with the implementation and make sure to listen to your body.

Top Bottom