Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whats your deadlift max?

whats your deadlift max?

Votes: 112 22.3%

Votes: 167 33.3%

Votes: 132 26.3%

Votes: 54 10.8%

Votes: 18 3.6%

Votes: 7 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1200 all out bad ass

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
hardrock said:
Don't know. I regularly pull 315 for sets of 8, but never go higher. Dunno why. Just figure form is most important. That and I kinda buy into AAPs' deal on how deads thicken your waist. I don't need no help in that department. Plus it aint like I lift trucks for a living, so whats the point?

They do, but its still muscle around the waist. not too mention I still think the benefits of a dead outwiehg and extra inch or two around the waist.

for te bodybuilders Vic Martinez is a big fan of deads and has a small waist..
its all illusion if your naturally thick in the waist youll just have to grow bigger lats :)

view said:
They do, but its still muscle around the waist. not too mention I still think the benefits of a dead outwiehg and extra inch or two around the waist.

This is very true. About three years ago i had a 29-30" waist at the same bf im at now. I now sport a 33" waist (with a six pack) from deadlifting heavy for so long. But all around my physique looks much more developed and im stronger from deadlifting. For me personally, i can deal with having a thicker waist than most, when the positive is that i am stronger all around.

If you have less muscle proportionally at your core than you have at both ends (i.e. legs and torso) you are underdeveloped here.

Considering your core is what ties your upper and lower body together and allows them to exert cohesive force - you have a problem. Being weak in this area will not only result in very sub-par real world application of your strength (a very nice way of saying Ferrari body with 130hp 4 cylinder engine and yugo brakes) but is also dangerous simply because it is the weakest link that will fail first and injuries to this region can be debilitating.

So a "wasp" waist might be something desirable on the stage to create an illusion of extra size but it leaves one critically unbalanced and prone to injury. There is a reason PLs are core and posterior chain nuts - this stuff is essential to being strong as it is the foundation and structure of your power.

Madcow2 said:
If you have less muscle proportionally at your core than you have at both ends (i.e. legs and torso) you are underdeveloped here.

Considering your core is what ties your upper and lower body together and allows them to exert cohesive force - you have a problem. Being weak in this area will not only result in very sub-par real world application of your strength (a very nice way of saying Ferrari body with 130hp 4 cylinder engine and yugo brakes) but is also dangerous simply because it is the weakest link that will fail first and injuries to this region can be debilitating.

So a "wasp" waist might be something desirable on the stage to create an illusion of extra size but it leaves one critically unbalanced and prone to injury. There is a reason PLs are core and posterior chain nuts - this stuff is essential to being strong as it is the foundation and structure of your power.

So you're saying that I need to be DLing 500+ in order to have a strong midsection? And that sets of 8 at 315 is not enough to strengthen my core? I disagree with you here. I am no Powerlifter nor do I ever plan on being one. I want to look good and be stronger than most guys in the gym, which I am.

We need AAP in on this one.

hardrock said:
So you're saying that I need to be DLing 500+ in order to have a strong midsection? And that sets of 8 at 315 is not enough to strengthen my core? I disagree with you here. I am no Powerlifter nor do I ever plan on being one. I want to look good and be stronger than most guys in the gym, which I am.

We need AAP in on this one.

I think if you read my post I didn't say anything of the kind. I'm refering to a combination of where one's upper body and lower body are significantly stronger than one's core. It's far more prevalent in BBing due to the preference of a tiny waist. I don't know anything about how you are built or what your other lifts are. If you think this might fit, I'd certainly make an effort to bring my core up to par just for basic health but only you know whether this applies or not.

Madcow is on the money
my core strength/size has exploded since doing westside
and yet i still find i need to make it stronger how else am i going to carry 1,000lbs on my back..

i use my abs in every lift even benching

Tweakle said:
700 is incredible. You're one of the strongest people on the planet

600 is way more than almost any member of this site will ever pull, including guys running heavy cycles.

500 is very impressive for a natural.

400 should be attainable for almost anyone after a years hard training

300 is more than anyone in my gym has ever pulled

200 is great for a woman
my sis did 205 natural! She won some lifting fund raiser thing in College

Im currently pulling 630 @ 225 lbs (natural). Hit a reverse band DL of 680 about a month and a half ago. My sumo is 600. I do max effort deads about once every 2 months. I believe dead is best built w/ HEAVY good mornings.

Top Bottom