Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whats your deadlift max?

whats your deadlift max?

Votes: 112 22.3%

Votes: 167 33.3%

Votes: 132 26.3%

Votes: 54 10.8%

Votes: 18 3.6%

Votes: 7 1.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1200 all out bad ass

Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
musclemuscle said:
I haven't maxed out yet...hit 315 three sets of six yesterday

Was thikin maybe i could max out at 450 maybe 500

don't know....next time I deadlift going to try for 365 three sets of six

With Deadlifts I can never trust the weight/rep formulas to estimate my max. I am currently pulling 500 but anything over 450ish is a single.

Most I've pulled was 365 for 4. I'm only 195 at 6' and didn't really do deads till a year ago or so. Shoulder issues limit me, but I'm confident I'll rep 405 by the end of the Summer. I train at a local gym and at a Golds and no one does deads. If they do, its no more than 2 plates!

Pulled 495 at 195lbs when I was 18 yrs old.

Just got back into deadlifting this year. Pulled 495 last week easily, thought about powercleaning it. But I'm 25 now and weigh 225lbs, so I guess I should've expected such.

you dont think being a member of the 700+ club makes you one of the strongest people in the world? I'm far from joking.. thats an awesome acomplishment

600 may be possible for a small majority of people unjuiced but I know big, strong (450+ raw benchers) guys running g's a week who can't do it. It's all a matter of perspective.. remember most gyms aren't like nazbar and wsb and most people are pussies :p

there are huge, strong farmboy types who could probably get it unjuiced but I aint one, and I know most people who train aren't.. took a long time to get to 655 and some serious chemistry experiments :)

Tweakle said:
you dont think being a member of the 700+ club makes you one of the strongest people in the world? I'm far from joking.. thats an awesome acomplishment

600 may be possible for a small majority of people unjuiced but I know big, strong (450+ raw benchers) guys running g's a week who can't do it. It's all a matter of perspective.. remember most gyms aren't like nazbar and wsb and most people are pussies :p

there are huge, strong farmboy types who could probably get it unjuiced but I aint one, and I know most people who train aren't.. took a long time to get to 655 and some serious chemistry experiments :)

agreed, I've only trained with one person that could outdeadlift me(which is kind of sad), as most just never put the energy into it, not like they do with benching. My old training partner is ranked # 2 in canada I believe, with a 900lbs competition squat, and he only pulls around 700lbs, so I would say thats one hell of a lift

lol I gotta take the GO train up to your part of the world sometime.. I'm on a crazy bulker right now and my strength is off the hook & I need a reality check to remind me that being the strongest lifter in Bally is as impressive as being the smartest kid in a special school :p

Some people have potential but just never use it.. one guy I trained with pulled 405 for a few easy reps the first time he ever tried the lift, but I dont think he's ever pulled since

Tweakle said:

of course 700 is an awesome pull..but its just become so common in elite circles that now the bar is high 7's or 800

hell i think 655 is an awesome pull :)

if you meant the average joe shmoe (bally dude) then yeah they wont have the desire to wanna pull that much..i think with dedication it is attainable but youre going to have to want it and its not going to be easy..

my feeling big benchers make bad deadlifters..may or may not be true..long levers are great for pulling (Ano Turtiannen) but their bench suffers this is for some but not all..look at garry frank hits 8's on both deads and bench

Tweakle said:
lol I gotta take the GO train up to your part of the world sometime.. I'm on a crazy bulker right now and my strength is off the hook & I need a reality check to remind me that being the strongest lifter in Bally is as impressive as being the smartest kid in a special school :p

Some people have potential but just never use it.. one guy I trained with pulled 405 for a few easy reps the first time he ever tried the lift, but I dont think he's ever pulled since
i think youre right. my ex pulled 500 off the floor his 1st time ever pulling. but he's a big ol farmboy at 6'5 and 300 lbs (natty). I think after a few years of training he was up about 600

today i did 275x6 then 295x4...coulda probably gotten 6 on 295 but my upperback started rounding a bit (not sure if that is bad or not) so i stopped...

i cheat tho and use straps cause i have womangrip

Top Bottom