Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats the longest break you took from training ?

C0LUMB0

Through injury or any other reason...whats the longest break you took from training ?
Last year i was out for 6 weeks with tendon injury and it took me a good 4 - 6 weeks to get back on track.

Am curious to see what muscle-memory has done for others...

I took a year off once due to injury, work, and a few full time college semesters.

This month is literally the busiest month of the year for me at work. I've made it to the gym three times a week since the week of thanksgiving. Thats not really an issue since I like the three day split. I trained this Wednesday and I doubt I'll hit the gym again until the following Monday. So that's a nice ten day break. It will prolly take me a few weeks to get back to 100%.

The most time I took off from lifting was about 9 months in '06, after my shoulder went out. I couldn't even do flys with 20-lb hexes. I did continue a daily ab routine, but no weights. Lost 25 lbs, and all definition :(. Took about 2 years to get back where I am now.

Charles

Over the last 16 years I've probably taken 4-5 6 month to 1 year layoffs.

I'm at the point where I'm never staying out of the gym for more than 2 weeks tops again. It gets real fucking old continually rebuilding to where you were before and then gaining a little more and then repeating the process over again, and again.

Top Bottom