Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What are your best calf workouts??

Choppercty

I have been lifting weights for the past 7 years. I rarely workout out my calves. My thighs are at a nice size, but my calves are small. I was looking for any suggestions on calf workouts that would increase size and strength.:confused:

I've never had good results from weight training for calf development.My best gains came from hiking or sprinting up steep incline trails alternating periodically with bodyweight single-leg calf raises for high reps.I think the best calf exercise in the gym is donkey calf raises training one leg at a time with or without drop sets.

I heard this before but have yet to try it. Do a set of 100. 100 are you nuts !!!! Pick a weight and exercise (standing, sitting, donkey whatever) and do as many reps as you can. Wait 10 seconds and do more, wait 10 seconds and do more...until 100. Calfs are a strange muscle to work so you have to try different things. They are also like abs in that you have to train them every other day. They are not a muscle group you only train once a week. Think of it a 1 day abs and 1 day calfs, repeat.

Strider said:
I heard this before but have yet to try it. Do a set of 100. 100 are you nuts !!!! Pick a weight and exercise (standing, sitting, donkey whatever) and do as many reps as you can. Wait 10 seconds and do more, wait 10 seconds and do more...until 100. Calfs are a strange muscle to work so you have to try different things. They are also like abs in that you have to train them every other day. They are not a muscle group you only train once a week. Think of it a 1 day abs and 1 day calfs, repeat.

I think you got that from one of my posts because I've stated that alot on this board. That method works so Awesome!!!!! The only thing with calves (in my opinion) is that you can't do the same thing over and over. My best results come when I change up the routine every 2-3 weeks or so. But that method definately makes you have second thoughts about trying it again....hehehe

Top Bottom