Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What would go best with dips, flat or incline bench?

IronandGravity

Going to do dips and bench on chest day. Would flat bench or incline bench compliment dips the best?

I do shoulders (seated overhead press and upright row) on a separate day.

Thanks!

y not juST Switch every few weekS OR EVERY MONTH?

Soory for the capS AND Shit, but i broke my keyboard and everytime i hit the 'S' BUTTON IT SwitcheS TO CAPs :(

its GHETTO

I stick with 1 for a month or so and then switch. I find it easier to make constant if small gains that way.

Yeah I just switched a 4-week phase. I used to be on 8 week. It's nice to switch it up a little more often. Like barbell row and t-bar row, things like that.

Inclines share the burden with your shoulders (anterior pectoral head). Flats put the burden squarely on your pecs (along with your tris, obviously).

That information might be useful in determining what to do.

I hope you meant anterior deltoid head ;) So mainly the flat incorporates the lats, whereas incline doesn't but uses front delt and clavicular pecs a lot more. So I'll switch these every 4 weeks and not have to choose between the two, since I like both of them.

IronandGravity said:
I hope you meant anterior deltoid head ;) So mainly the flat incorporates the lats, whereas incline doesn't but uses front delt and clavicular pecs a lot more. So I'll switch these every 4 weeks and not have to choose between the two, since I like both of them.

I thought the pecs were essentially one muscle and couldn't be seperated out to work on parts of it. To my understanding whatever you are doing the pec is working. Flat, or incline, or whatever, the WHOLE muscle grows according to it's blueprint in the DNA. There is no way to make it grow bigger in one area cause it's a single muscle.

Guess I'm wrong...

Griz1 said:

I thought the pecs were essentially one muscle and couldn't be seperated out to work on parts of it. To my understanding whatever you are doing the pec is working. Flat, or incline, or whatever, the WHOLE muscle grows according to it's blueprint in the DNA. There is no way to make it grow bigger in one area cause it's a single muscle.

Guess I'm wrong...

Nope. You're not wrong. :)

Top Bottom