Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What works better for you, training to failure or beyond failure?

Failure is a state of inability to perform anymore on the givin task.

You can't go beyond failure .. when you are unable to continue is failure.

neither...........

X

Rémy!   said:
Failure is a state of inability to perform anymore on the givin task.

You can't go beyond failure .. when you are unable to continue is failure.

Not true at all. Concentric muscular failure is reached when you are no longer able to perform a full rep with a given weight. However, if you use forced reps you are effectually training beyond failure.

trainint to failure or beyond failure is counterproductive unless your failure can be achieved withing 2-3 sets/excerices and in-between 4-6 reps. Give yourself a set number of reps. If you exceed it you are goingto light.
I am a firm beleiver in the hit method. High intensity and low volume is key.
Artificial/ forced are not necessary

There are actually three types of failure (that I'm aware of) and happen in this order during exercise:

Concentric failure - you can no longer complete the positive (concentric) part of the lift without sacrificing form.

Static failure - you can no longer hold the weight still.

Eccentric failure (AKA total/complete muscular failure) - you can no longer control the weight on the negative (eccentric) part of the lift.

I prefer training to concentric failure, but everyone once in a while static failure. Eccentric failure is rather painful and usually requires help from a spotter...

Top Bottom