Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What works best for you?

davidtyree

[FONT=&quot]just been through a personal training certification program and they were talking about if you wanna build definition and size you should do 3 sets of 8-10 reps with a weight of about 80% of your 1 rep max. now my question is which i forgot to ask at the center is...... should i do all of my sets with the same weight(80% of 1rm) or should i ....1st set 80% second increase the weight up 10lbs n 3rd increase another 10lbs. If i do so I know I won't be able to complete 8-10 reps in my last set. so animals what are your thoughts[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]P.S. I know all bodies are different but please share with me what worked best for you :)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

that is a cookie cutter thing that is going to be in your teaching for that certificate and it is just a blueprint.

the true answer lies in your own experiences and trying things on your clients to get the most out of it. there is a fine line between over training and under training. some guys go a lifetime without ever figuring it out.

I mean personally I would want to test myself by going up slightly with every set but that’s just me.

I think you need to experiment with the weights themselves, but it is certainly true that 8 to 15 reps is in the hypertrophy range.

Top Bottom