Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What tempo do you guys use?

MJBossman

Ya know, how long on the eccentric, how long of a pause (if any), and how long is your concentric movement? I know it varies for each exercise, so maybe give a few examples.

I've been lifting for strength so I probalby do a 1-0-1 tempo and it's worked nice, but now I'm trying for size, and was wondering if a slower negative would work. I've been researching and found that time under tension is what makes you grow, and that weight isn't everything...

usually 2-1-2 for lower body
and
2-1-4 for the upperbody exercises
well weight does matter, low reps and heavy weight helps in increasing weight . but the weight should be handled in good form

I do some moves lighter and faster on DE day and when I do rows and face pulls, I pause for the squeeze at the end of each pull. But I don't count the tempos.

Sometimes 802, 602, 402, I go with constant tension sometimes and peak contraction other days so those days are more like 442, 322, 242--so that's 2 down, 4 second hold at top, and up in 2 seconds.

Top Bottom