Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What started the "cut"/"ripped" hype??

HulkRow

most people would rather be 150 pounds and use hype words like "cut" and "ripped" rather than be 220 and "not cut"...i dont understand this.

I think what most people really want is to be 220 and cut and ripped. People at 150 that tell you they are ripped are just scarred of the weight room and claim they are cut that they are cut rather then working out.

Last edited:
i think it's because of the freakishly huge bodybuilders in the O nowadays. people might be put off by that and are shooting more for the frank zane look. i dunno, just speculating.

SAGAT said:
i think it's because of the freakishly huge bodybuilders in the O nowadays. people might be put off by that and are shooting more for the frank zane look. i dunno, just speculating.
most likely, also helped by media hype (mens health mag , 5 min home gym etc)

One person might be ripped at 150 but another might be skin and bones (and still think they're "ripped") :rolleyes:. You gotta have some muscle to rip. Being ripped can make you look bigger than you are. The 220 guy might have more muscle, but if it's smoothed out by fat, ordinary people just think he's fat. Plus as the percentage of overweight people (at least in the US) continues to rise, being ripped sort of becomes a status symbol.

HulkRow said:

most likely, also helped by media hype (mens health mag , 5 min home gym etc)
exactly.i am particularly disgusted with the "5 min. wonder workouts", they make me sick. however, i see nothing wrong with wanting to be "ripped". although my definition of ripped could be different than that of the next man.

well think of it in terms of female models the skinnier, you know, to the point of looking like a skeleton, is what is trendy and hot.

I guess, with guys its no differnt, with the exception of ty diggs the polo model, all ck, gap, tommy male models look very hungry.

oh well, what ever makes you happy.

X

I hope it becomes trendy to be a "ripped" beanpole. That way there will be more room on the squat rack:D

It's funny the standard in the geneeral public seems to be the kind of body I had BEFORE I started lifting weights. I prefer a more muscular, rugged look for myself. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother with all of this training.

Top Bottom