Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what's a floor press and board press?

njachest

hey bro's, I am usually at the bb boards but would like to get my bench up to 300 lbs by this spring so I have about 5 months or so. As of now my bench for 1 rep max is 205 lbs. I've been training now for about four months. Any advise on how to train to attain my goal?

floor presses are done at different heights to work different sticking points,you may get stuck a couple inches off your chest and would want to do 2-3 boards,you might get stuck closer at the top and want to go with 4 boards...to help with your bench we need to know more about you current program.what exactly do you do now?curious,how much do you weigh?adding 95 lbs to your bench in 5 months is goingto be hard bro,but we can help you increase it.where do you get stuck when you go for a max and miss????.......give us this info,.....:fro:

yes well I get stuck at the bottom it just won't come up more than an inch off my chest. I am 180 pounds and six feet tall. On the board thing I don't think my gym has that are you saying you put boards on the bench and then lay on them or put boards on your chest and bring the weights down to where the board is

btw what I do now is just bb type stuff but I read some and went in and found my 1rm. I will give up the hypertrophy stuff for the winter in order to lift heavy, just tell me how and I'll do it

heres the floor press....
bc03.jpg

the boards are not goingto be in your gym.you will have to make them by taking 2 2x4's and screwing or nailing them together,then you just do the same with 3 and 4 boards.if you are getting stuck low on your chest the first thing that comes to mind is speed and mybe weak in your lats.how long have you been training?what does your routine now look like man?it's kind of hard to just say go do these exercises and your bench will go up...can you post what you do now ?????

what I do now is this

incline bench press 10 8 6
flat bench 10 8 6
decline bench press 10
dips one set to failure

triceps i do 2 sets of dumbell extensions and finish with a set of cable pulldowns. Like I said this is mostly bodybuilding type stuff and I have been at it for about 4 months

btw you mention speed I do all my lifts with a slow steady controlled motion both up and down

thanks bro I know I'm probably very ignorant on power lifting but I want to learn

goto www.elitefts.com or www.deepsquatter.com and read all the articles from westside barbell club, louie simmons, and dave tate. I have never seen a better bench program, period. These guys have it down to a science.

Speed is teh key to lifting big weight. Since you are so new at this I wouldn't get too hung up on where you are weak -- here's hint though -- everyone needs stronger triceps. You will get stronger by accident. Getting stuck at the bottom can be addressed with the speed. Follow the bench workouts exatly, don't change it, alter it, modify it or anything else. Those programs have developed several 700+ benchers, including one sick individual that did 733@216lbs.

thanks 1dawg I will do it. I now just need to know what the hell these excercises are, okay I got the floor press but the board press I'm still not sure how that should look, and whats a db cuban press. Are you saying I should follow "Training the Bench Press" by Jim Wendler.

boards

For the board press you take the boards 2, 3 or 4 boards together and put them on your chest. Have someone hold them for you but if your goin heavy and you only have one person to spot then i put the boards under my shirt to hold them in place. and they spot as usualWorks just the same:redhot:

Top Bottom