Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What rep range do you train in?

What rep range do you train in?

• Total voters
So for me a thin runner type body which range is best ?? But I have put on approx 12lbs after whole Summer of 5x5, then got sick in September Walking Pneumonia, took about 5weeks off, and did light workouts for a few weeks, and now I am back healthy again.

I have read I should start the 5x5 again, because been basically off for two months, so do the 5x5 for 8weeks, then after that switch to higher 12rep x2/8x3 routine and do that for 8-10 weeks ??

good idea ?? I am looking to add muscle mass to my 5'11" 175lb frame, maybe 185 total I would be happy

Also the pole should be more like 4-6rep range and 8-12rep range ?? Because 4-8 is a pretty big difference, 4 can be super heavy weight done slow to failure, but 8 could be lighter weight

Hypertrophy needs at least 8 reps....
Some do as high as 12 reps to reach hypertrophy...
Depending on your goals, you can choose to do anywhere between 6-12 reps...
The less the reps, the more you become power/strength oriented, and the more the reps, the more you become muscle endurance / fitness oriented.

The_Alcatraz said:
Hypertrophy needs at least 8 reps....
Some do as high as 12 reps to reach hypertrophy...
Depending on your goals, you can choose to do anywhere between 6-12 reps...
The less the reps, the more you become power/strength oriented, and the more the reps, the more you become muscle endurance / fitness oriented.

Some say that doing 12 reps means that you aren't lifting heavy enough.

Its debatable, and I agree with what you are saying in subtext but 9 is bounded around as the magic number and I would be inclined to agree with them. :)

Actually, I've heard that 8 is the magic number....but like you said, it's debatable, and depending on your body, your diet and your lifestyle, you lyrn what's best for you.

i do a few weeks at 5 reps and a few weeks at 10 reps

8 is good man...

7-8 is considered border line hypertrophy by most...

I'd stick to 8 reps per set if you wanna grow those muscles to their potential

Top Bottom