Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What rep range do you train in?

What rep range do you train in?

• Total voters
At least half my training consists of hitting the powerlifts/power movements in the 1 - 5 range. Isolation work is 5 - 15, mostly 10.
I drag a weighted sled once a week, which consists of very high rep work.

i go heavy and high weight for my big compounds, but ill add in some higher rep 10+ stuff for burnouts or pause bench/squats, and for my "finishers" like leg presses or lat pulldowns or dumbells

Nelson Montana said:
All of the above. Mostly 10.

Low heavy reps builf the fast twitch fibers and higher reps build mitochondrea and slow red fibers. You need both for maximum growth.

After a while you'll find out which is more promindent for you and that's where you should put the empahasis. One size does not fit all.

so you do lets say 3 day split, do low rep bench, then nxt week high>?

i'm in the all of the above club too. very often its between 1-10 though. anytime i do 20 then it's 20 rep breathing squats.

digit0x said:

That's one way. Sometimes it's good to go with one method or another until it starts to go stale, then switch it up. This is why the controvery over HIT exists. How can some people swear it works and others swear it doesn't? Becasue EVERYTHING works if it's a new stimulus. But if you stay doing one thing the body will adapt and growth slows.

Personally, I never do the same workout twice. I also go though heavy periods into more "pump" type of training, feeling which my body will better react to at any given time.

The only reason I enjoy "routines" is because I can consistently set goals for myself:

Ie - Add 5lbs to the bar each week, etc.

In other words it's easier for me to set PR's, and monitor my progression.

For a few months I'll do 4x sets, 4-6 reps, then the next few months 4x sets, 6-8 reps, then 4x sets 8-10 reps, etc.

After I get to the point where I can complete 4x sets of 8 reps for example, I'll up the weight again and start back at 4x sets of 6 reps, and work my way back up to 8.

always changing but usualy pyramid in weight 12 10 8 6 maby 4 reps on a very heavy day.
only go 1-3 if im just tryin out my strength.

digit0x said:

Or by doing the WS4SB style in which you would hit a heavy bench on Monday folllowed by max reps for speed with light weight on Thurs or Fri.

Top Bottom