Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

From what Poundages did you start Deadlifting?

S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

Just out of curiosity, from which poundages did you start deadlifting?
What was your first max?

I am just trying to compare it to mine. (I did like 225 pounds for 6 times at my first deadlift ever, few month ago. 295 pounds for 6 times today.... YEI)

I would say my first max would have been like 200 or so, 7 months ago. I took it very light at first becuae I really didn't know what I was doing and I didn't want to hurt myself. Now I don't even wear a belt or anything. I would say I could do 295 for 6 as well but it would be quite a strain. Do you use a belt and chalk? I need to get some damn chalk!! I am not a big fan of using a belt though. I am 17 yrs old keep in mind....

i started light, working for reps with 135. i didnt mess with it below that point just because of the classical height of the 45lb plates. i didnt incorporate them til later in my workout days also.

Garza said:
I would say my first max would have been like 200 or so, 7 months ago. I took it very light at first becuae I really didn't know what I was doing and I didn't want to hurt myself. Now I don't even wear a belt or anything. I would say I could do 295 for 6 as well but it would be quite a strain. Do you use a belt and chalk? I need to get some damn chalk!! I am not a big fan of using a belt though. I am 17 yrs old keep in mind....

I am 17 years old too.

And what is "chalk and belt" ? I don't use them! Natural lifts all the way!

No belt huh. I love guys like you who think belts, chalk, etc is cheating or something. A belt merely gives your abs and back muscles something to flex against to stiffen your midsection during a lift. It will only be a matter of time before SSAlexSS has a post like this: "What kinds of lifts can I do while nursing a back injury". :rolleyes:

BTW, I agree that you can do yourself some good by not using a belt when warming up with the lighter stuff. I say when you go heavy, a belt is a must.

I could deadlift 300 or 3 platres when i first started training about 17. However my form was terrible, i now attribute this to my reoccuring lower back problem.
I think anyone within reason, even the untrained can deadlift 3 plates provided that they use straps if they have a weak grip, however deads with correct form is a totally different matter.

kingsquat said:
No belt huh. I love guys like you who think belts, chalk, etc is cheating or something. A belt merely gives your abs and back muscles something to flex against to stiffen your midsection during a lift. It will only be a matter of time before SSAlexSS has a post like this: "What kinds of lifts can I do while nursing a back injury". :rolleyes:

BTW, I agree that you can do yourself some good by not using a belt when warming up with the lighter stuff. I say when you go heavy, a belt is a must.

Actually USING belt can make you injured since your midsection is/will-be weak. If you train WITHOUT the belt then your midsection will be stronger and less opt to injury.

However I do agree on warming up and using proper form!
:fro:

"Actually USING belt can make you injured since your midsection is/will-be weak. If you train WITHOUT the belt then your midsection will be stronger and less opt to injury. "

No.

Using a belt will make your mid section weaker. I see people use belts for barbell curls, its ridiculous.

light stuff doesnt need a belt.

heavy stuff does.

Use a belt when deadlifting. maybe only for lifts under 8 reps.

A belt will be harmful if used every training session on light workouts.

Top Bottom