Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What Personal Training Cert is the best to get?

Bharper

I am finally going to get my personal training cert. Have worked in a gym for 2 years and have been away for awhile. I've asked a few people and they all give me diferent answers about which is the best.

AAAI/ISMA
ISSA/CFT

What else should I consider. I have a BSBA and am planning on going to Grad school soon and would likke to work as a personal trainer throughout school. Any help here is greatly appreciated bros!

BH

Go to grad school at the American College of Sports Medicine of course!

I like the NSCA best, but then to be honest, I don't REALLY like any of the pro certs that much!

musketeer said:
Go to grad school at the American College of Sports Medicine of course!

I like the NSCA best, but then to be honest, I don't REALLY like any of the pro certs that much!

is this like the best one out there? I consider myself pretty intelligent and have 6 college classes in biology and 3 in chemistry and am very familiar with muscle groups and bones.

I'm not looking for a 4 year degree, just a cert tat will allow me to train at a gym.

thank you veryu much. been on so many boards, thought I had checked here already.. sorry for the post. thanks for the replies!

Bharper said:
I am finally going to get my personal training cert. Have worked in a gym for 2 years and have been away for awhile. I've asked a few people and they all give me diferent answers about which is the best.

AAAI/ISMA
ISSA/CFT

What else should I consider. I have a BSBA and am planning on going to Grad school soon and would likke to work as a personal trainer throughout school. Any help here is greatly appreciated bros!

is this like the best one out there? I consider myself pretty intelligent and have 6 college classes in biology and 3 in chemistry and am very familiar with muscle groups and bones.

I'm not looking for a 4 year degree, just a cert tat will allow me to train at a gym.
BH

Grad school is for people who have graduated from a 3 or 4 year degree, so if you are going to grad school, it insinuates that you already have a degree, and that you are looking to do one or two years for a Masters degree (at the grad school). This is why I was reccomending the ACSM.

There is a hellova lot more than where the bones and muscles are to personal training and sport-specific coaching (lol).
I believed the NSCA to be the best organisation at the time of my certification, and I still believe them to be a reputable and inovative organisation. Whether they are the best is always going to be questionable and open to opinion, but you can do a hell of a lot worse. If you are just completely concerned about getting a cert to work at a gym, then perhaps the cheapest one out there will get you training fastest, but it takes years of practice to actually be WORTH the $50 plus an hour that personal trainers earn, and if the boss at any gym is worth his salt then he will not allow you to work as a PT without several years of experience as a regular fitness assistant.

short answer:

NSCA (CPT or CSCS(better)
NASM (CPT and a slew of specializations)
ISSA (pretty intensive certification process)

Top Bottom