Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What muscles are used in arm wrestling?

anyone arm wrestle here? I really could use this info...
I searched on the net and I got a bunch of links to famous arm wrestlers and weight lifting belts + straps.:rolleyes:

i arm wrestle with my freind, in the gym he cant touch me ....... i kill him..... with arm wrestles i cant touch him..... in the end we tested it, and we think it comes down to forearm strength

A new article has been added:

<strong>Imagine putting your elbow down on the table to arm wrestle and then, BOOM! ...your opponent kicks you in the face! You won’t have to imagine this anymore since there is a new sport that combines arm wrestling with the brutality of mixed martial arts. If you haven’t seen full contact arm wrestling, then you’d better check this out!

Xarm Full Contact Arm Wrestling My Fave New Sport

xarm-full-contact-arm-wrestling.jpg

Along with the goals of my current diet, I have a bet with a buddy : I will beat him in arm wrestling by the end of June. He doesn't train - he's just naturally stronger than me....so I can get there I know.

Tell me, what muscles are used in arms wrestling?

I feel it is forearms ....but tris and some bis also appear to come into the picture. Which ones? Is it a combo of the whole arm? Which is dominant you think?

Several of the muscles are being used in arm wrestling.Some of them are as follow: pectorals major, atissimus, biceps brachii,, infraspinatus, long head of triceps and many others.It is not a complete list but major are listed here.The wrist is very important in arm wrestling.

Well, there are different moves in armwrestling and even though the different moves use the basic same muscles, the order of importance changes depending on the position you are pulling from or the technique you are trying to use. Here are the important muscles and what they are used for.

Forearm- Hand supination, pronation, and wrist flexion, also "rising" wrist strength when in a backpressure (hammercurl) position, and of course strong fingers for obvious reasons

Shoulder- Rotator strength for side pressure and to aid in keeping a lock

Biceps/Brachi- bicep is mostly used in hooking, brachialis is used heavily for back pressure and top rolling, with a combo of both being used in a drag hook, or a rotator controlled hook

Lats- used to stay tight, or to keep a strong lock when sliding the elbow across the pad to get better position for the technique you are trying to execute...

Tricep - used for a shoulder press, that should be the only time though. Armwrestling is nicknamed pulling, because you are almost always pulling, not ever pushing, most of your pressure should be directed at the table corner closest to your arm you are not using. (IE. if pulling with the right arm, you generally will pull toward the corner of the table where your left elbow is resting)

Anyway congratulations to Alcatraz for getting 2nd in his classes at the big Ottawa tournament. I have seen you post on the armwrestling board so I knew you'd be at C.O.A.C. today. I like how you said todd didn't get that size from endurance training, back about 7 or so years ago, he was a 198 puller, then about 4 years ago he was up to about 260 when he went against Voevoda lol

Well, there are different moves in armwrestling and even though the different moves use the basic same muscles, the order of importance changes depending on the position you are pulling from or the technique you are trying to use. Here are the important muscles and what they are used for.

Forearm- Hand supination, pronation, and wrist flexion, also "rising" wrist strength when in a backpressure (hammercurl) position, and of course strong fingers for obvious reasons

Shoulder- Rotator strength for side pressure and to aid in keeping a lock

Biceps/Brachi- bicep is mostly used in hooking, brachialis is used heavily for back pressure and top rolling, with a combo of both being used in a drag hook, or a rotator controlled hook

Lats- used to stay tight, or to keep a strong lock when sliding the elbow across the pad to get better position for the technique you are trying to execute...

Tricep - used for a shoulder press, that should be the only time though. Armwrestling is nicknamed pulling, because you are almost always pulling, not ever pushing, most of your pressure should be directed at the table corner closest to your arm you are not using. (IE. if pulling with the right arm, you generally will pull toward the corner of the table where your left elbow is resting)

Anyway congratulations to Alcatraz for getting 2nd in his classes at the big Ottawa tournament. I have seen you post on the armwrestling board so I knew you'd be at C.O.A.C. today. I like how you said todd didn't get that size from endurance training, back about 7 or so years ago, he was a 198 puller, then about 4 years ago he was up to about 260 when he went against Voevoda lol

thanks bro much appreciated.

Along with the goals of my current diet, I have a bet with a buddy : I will beat him in arm wrestling by the end of June. He doesn't train - he's just naturally stronger than me....so I can get there I know.

Tell me, what muscles are used in arms wrestling?

I feel it is forearms ....but tris and some bis also appear to come into the picture. Which ones? Is it a combo of the whole arm? Which is dominant you think?

I almost tore a bicep tendon arm wrestling. Never been right since.

Top Bottom