Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What are the most effective forearm workouts???

blastingthru

I did a search and up with different forearm workouts, but I wanted to know what you all think are the most effective for adding strength and size? As always thanks for the input!:D

Last edited:
Forearm training is pretty simple. If you want to develop size and strength, I would recommend quit using wrist straps. The gripping of heavy bars and holding on to heavy weight such as rows, deads, and shrugs will contribute to forearm development. Also, feel free to throw in these exercises:

1. Wrist Curls - 4 x 12-15
2. Reverse Wrist Curls - 4 x 12-15

or on bicep day:

1. Reverse Barbell Curls - 3 x 8
2. Hammer Curls - 3 x 8

You can honestly, train forearms every other day. The forearms = calve muscles. They are both very dense and require intense training to recruit the muscle fibers to develop. I hope this helps.

Step 1: throw away your straps if you use them.

Step 2: Do forearms first on arm day. I just started doing this and had a good workout the other day.

These are just my opinions...but If you just give them the attention they need they will grow.

I personally used to try do a few sets at the end of my workout. This is not how it works. You have to treat them like your favorite bodypart.

strong island said:
Step 1: throw away your straps if you use them.

Step 2: Do forearms first on arm day. I just started doing this and had a good workout the other day.

These are just my opinions...but If you just give them the attention they need they will grow.

I personally used to try do a few sets at the end of my workout. This is not how it works. You have to treat them like your favorite bodypart.

Good advice SI. I like step 2. I'll give that a try.

If you are not comfortable throwing away the straps alltogether, only use them on your heaviest sets for an exercise; At leat for a while.

I agree that if your using straps to loose them. The exersises i perefer for forearms are the reverse curl and than behind the back wrist curls with the staraight 45 lb barbell do them to failure and your forearms will be hurtin.

If you're serious about forearms, nothing beats wrist rollers. Most gyms won't have an apparatus for them, but they're easy to make. Would cost you maybe $4 at Home Depot.

hang on a brickwall arch gateway from 2 kunckles down and do some chins while you wait

I did this when I used to train at home, and when I had a physical checkup for work, they tested my grip strength I was off the charts :)

Thanks for all the advice. I used to use straps in highschool and my first couple years of college, but now I have pretty much quit using them altogther. I have used those wrist rollers too, but I was wondering whatelse I could do as well. As always thanks for the halp and Happy Lifting!:D

Top Bottom