Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the most Destructive fighting skill/move you posses ?

Big Rick Rock said:
you just brought back some memories.

The first time I wrestled freestyle was the summer after 8th grade. I was lifting weights during the summer and not doing much wrestling. I just decided to enter the tournament a week before, not knowing anything about freestyle rules, except that they allowed you to do full nelsons and high amp throws and even rewarded you for pulling off a big throw.

My first match I got double under hooks on the kid in the first 10 seconds and threw him to his back with a nice hip toss. When he hit the ground he bellied down and just stayed there(didn't try to scape like in folk style) I was like "whut the?" then I tried to put a half neson on him and didn't have much luck, a few seconds later the ref made us get back on our feet. I had no clue what was going on. The kid got a nice single leg in on me and took me down, while I was on bottom I tried to scape and got turned over 3 times, I didn't think I was loosing since my back was never exposed for more than a second and I managed to scape from bottom when he got a take down...

I lost the first match by 7 points and the next one. I had no clue how the point system worked and the "slip" points worked... My second match the kid tried to pull and arm throw 3 times and he didn't get me, he hit the gound and I got behind him for the take down BUT the ref did not award me any points since he counted them as "slips". The slip is basicaly a way to get wrestler to be more agressive with big throws, if you mis the throw and end up falling to the mat then your oponent will not get the point for a take down.

Knowing the rules and how to play them is one of the most important part of making the swtich from Folks to Freestyle Wrestling IMO.

i bet my first freestyle match lasted 45 seconds at max. it was at camp and these guys from nebraska who had been wrestling since the womb just whipped the hell out of us for a week solid.

juicedpigtails said:
BRR. looking back i should have wrestled freestyle more, probably woudl have allowed for more ''street like'' moves to become second nature like core interscholastic skills have.

if youve never wrestled freestyle before its a serious ass kicking your first couple months.

Want a real humbling experience?

Get on the mat with a good Greco-Roman wrestler.

I have the flare. Its simple to do, I lift my shirt up and from the color change from Italian on the arms to Irish on the chest my oponent is pemenently blinded.

Double-leg takedown into a choke hold.....the ground is where i wanna be..........133-5 career record....not to shabby

gjohnson5 said:
If you squeeze the pressure points behind his ears , he won't be able to put you in any holds...

I figured if you lift your hands to reach his ears you are taking your elbows away from your body... Against a Greco Roman Wrestler that usualy means you are going for a ride...
It is not the throw that hurts but the sudden stop on the pavement.

Big Rick Rock said:
I figured if you lift your hands to reach his ears you are taking your elbows away from your body... Against a Greco Roman Wrestler that usualy means you are going for a ride...

Exactly.

This pressure point business isn't gonna do much to a trained GC wrestler.

If you like being sent in to orbit and gravity having it's way with you, try the Mr. Miagi behind the ear pressure point technique.

Big Rick Rock said:

Who said anything about me reaching out and attacking him first? Wrestlers or jui-jitsu "shoot" a leg in an attempt to take the person down. The idea is to get under the guy so lifting him and sending him to the ground to attack or make him tap. I will agree you have a point there. Problem is with both his hands around one of both my legs , this leaves his head, base of skull and one of his shoulders exposed.

There are 361 pressure points in the body and knowing the angle and destination of the strike is what makes PP attacks effective. Since the wrestler gave his intentions away by shooting my leg or legs then at this point he could be attacked in a number of ways taught in most any Kung Fu style to deal with this type of situation.

Top Bottom