Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the longest I should go assuming I'm still sore, on muscles like traps?

CrayonOfDoom2

Powercleans and shrugs on the calf machine killed me friday, still sore today, and was wondering what's the longest I should go without training them? Should I wait until they're not sore, or is there a certain amount of days? Was going to train traps yesterday, but figured I'd wait until today, but they're still sore... :(

Unless they're so sore that the muscles are unusable without excruciating pain, you can happily work them again after a couple of days. If they are still mildly sore then ensure you do some decent warmups and some mild stretching before getting into your heavier sets.

Don't let moderate soreness deter you from working a muscle. Just work through it and the soreness will often just evaporate. Never try to work through pain, though. It's usually worth getting a good stretch into a muscle after the workout. Hold your stretches for between 25 and 30 seconds.

blut wump said:
Unless they're so sore that the muscles are unusable without excruciating pain, you can happily work them again after a couple of days. If they are still mildly sore then ensure you do some decent warmups and some mild stretching before getting into your heavier sets.

Don't let moderate soreness deter you from working a muscle. Just work through it and the soreness will often just evaporate. Never try to work through pain, though. It's usually worth getting a good stretch into a muscle after the workout. Hold your stretches for between 25 and 30 seconds.

thank you much sir, I was just scared the mild sore would own my traps. helpful indeed.

K for ya :)

GOGO 6 KARMIC POWER!!

Top Bottom