x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

What is the longest I should go assuming I'm still sore, on muscles like traps?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about What is the longest I should go assuming I'm still sore, on muscles like traps? within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: Powercleans and shrugs on the calf machine killed me friday, still sore today, and was wondering what's the longest I should go without training them? Should I wait until they're not sore, or is there a certain amount of days? Was going to train traps yesterday, but figured I'd wait until today, but they're still sore... :(

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Amateur Bodybuilder CrayonOfDoom2's Avatar

What is the longest I should go assuming I'm still sore, on muscles like traps?

Powercleans and shrugs on the calf machine killed me friday, still sore today, and was wondering what's the longest I should go without training them? Should I wait until they're not sore, or is there a certain amount of days? Was going to train traps yesterday, but figured I'd wait until today, but they're still sore...

Re: What is the longest I should go assuming I'm still sore, on muscles like traps?

Unless they're so sore that the muscles are unusable without excruciating pain, you can happily work them again after a couple of days. If they are still mildly sore then ensure you do some decent warmups and some mild stretching before getting into your heavier sets.

Don't let moderate soreness deter you from working a muscle. Just work through it and the soreness will often just evaporate. Never try to work through pain, though. It's usually worth getting a good stretch into a muscle after the workout. Hold your stretches for between 25 and 30 seconds.

Amateur Bodybuilder CrayonOfDoom2's Avatar

Re: What is the longest I should go assuming I'm still sore, on muscles like traps?

Quote Quote posted by blut wump
    Unless they're so sore that the muscles are unusable without excruciating pain, you can happily work them again after a couple of days. If they are still mildly sore then ensure you do some decent warmups and some mild stretching before getting into your heavier sets.

Don't let moderate soreness deter you from working a muscle. Just work through it and the soreness will often just evaporate. Never try to work through pain, though. It's usually worth getting a good stretch into a muscle after the workout. Hold your stretches for between 25 and 30 seconds.

thank you much sir, I was just scared the mild sore would own my traps. helpful indeed.

K for ya

GOGO 6 KARMIC POWER!!

Pro Bodybuilder

Don't think about soreness.

soreness does NOT have anything to do with "recovery"