Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What kind of gloves and straps do you use?

hardrock

Go fuck your own face!
Platinum
I bought a pair of Nike on clearance at Sportmart after my last Harbinger wore out. Not too bad. They have the wrist wrap which I use on curls and heavy movements.

My straps are some old rough material that makes it pretty hard to wrap all the way around the bar with one hand sometimes. Anybody use the hook type? I'd love a set of these for back day. Any opinions or where to get them?

I used BD hooks and didn't like them over 300 pounds.

I've used these for a couple years now. I love them, grip is really good, you don't have to wrap and wrap and it works well on foam covered bars as well.

Grizzly Grabbers

They also give a modicum of wrist support and can be used for push exercises as well.

I had the Grizzly hooks for awhile and liked them OK but over time I think they bend and the bar actually slipped out when I was doing Romanian DL's. Ouch.

If thats just a wrist strap with a hook, thats just what I'm looking for. I've still got some tendonitis in my forearms, so I need something that involves very little grip. Arm days beat me up bad enough, don't need that shit after back too.

I recall using some metal hook contraption many years ago. Didn't like it. I only use grip support on exercises like shrugs or if my grip is clearly giving out before I'm done but I prefer the simple canvas straps. I don't use gloves.

I hadn't ever thought about using wrists straps to help with tendonitis. Good thought.

Yeah cotton straps are my favourite.

Had an old pair (there was a small fray in one side that I just ignored) break during a set of 600lb rack Deads. I nearly did a cartwheel!

Top Bottom