Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what if one were to eat all day and train all day

N

nclifter6feet6

lets say do heavy gym work on a bodypart like train each bodypart heavy 2 times a week. and in the rest of the time instead of watching tv and playing on the net. just do reps of pushups, situps, and chinups and squats with no weights. and of course getting plenty of rest. so basically eating tons of calories lifting eating going to work and when u get home rep out for the rest of time time no relaxing lol. so that would be like maybe 4 hours a day calesthetics 1 hour a day heavy training rest of the time spent sleeping and eating and working and studying

oh and also do like 30 minites of sprints a day and taking tons of vitamins (not roids) but tons of vitamins and protien. wouldnt u eventually adapt? and build up your endurance you would have like constant bloodflow to the muscles hhhmmmmmmmm. i know most people would say you will overtrain but dont prisoners train like this, didnt brucelee do something like this. just curious

another thing that made me bring up this question is if you people ever seen some of the thaiboxing fighters on espn 2.

i swear these guys have the best built legs ive ever seen you could easily compare there lower bodys with bodybuilders and thes guys train and eat all the time. but they dont really do heavy loads all the times its mainly bodyweight stuff.

your body has to adapt.

i seriously doubt if u did 2000 pushups a day 1000 chinups 10000 squats 5000 situps a day and ran sprints an hour a day you would be out of shape. on top of going heavy for like an hour a day to hit the fast twitch

also i dont think the person would ever dip into negative nitrogen balace if the person was taking like 500 grams of protien while doing this or by taking even more protien

Last edited:
louden_swain said:
sounds like a wasted life.

yes but you can argue that your pretty much wasting your life on this net too

basically your only time off is for sleep and goin out with chicks on the weekens working and school or if you wanna hang out with a friend or run errands

no time will be spent sitting down doing nothing

IMO it would be really inefficient since muscle glycogen stores are not really replenished in less than 48hours. it would also raise ones metabolism and hinder muscle growth. Try it and tell us how it is. I find anymore than 9-12 sessions a week is too much, this includes cardio and weighlifting as separate sessions

i dont know if im crazy enough to try it lol

but from what ive seen, from people that train and eat all day like thaiboxers and prisoners, they are freakin jacked.

i know some "brothas" in the hood that do this type of training. they smoke pot and workout all day in there rooms with the music playin doing pushups boxing squats and whatever

nclifter6feet6 said:

yes but you can argue that your pretty much wasting your life on this net too

Where are you in NC? I'm in Gastonia (I know, I know...).

I have a lot of thoughts here because I do have some time to waste :), but I hope it won't be wasting my life as it should give you some food for thought. That is the point of the internet for me...to learn and to try to give back. I emphasize "try," LOL.

Anyway, I don't think your analogy holds up, bro. Posting a message on an internet forum--hell, reading five threads and posting a message to each one--might take what, 30 minutes? That doesn't constitute wasting an entire life. Just maybe 30 minutes or so :), depending on whether or not you and/or others gained something from the exchange.

When something is a "waste" it's more than just a function of the time spent doing it. Not many people would say that working to earn a million dollars is a waste of time by itself. But you have to put that into context. If you spent all of that time earning money at the expense of being with your wife and kids, etc., then it could very well be a "waste."

Similarly, what Louden means is that such training is wasteful because there are more efficient ways of doing it. Might training all day in addition to regular lifting work? Maybe, but it would have to work far better to justify spending endless hours on such training.

And from what you said, that is not the case. You mentioned that Thai kickboxers have impressive lower bodies, and that they spend hours with bodyweight-only style training. Sumos do thousands of free-hand squats daily too and probably have good quads if we could see them under those mountains of lard.

But I digress. In the same paragraph, you mention that kickboxer legs could easily compare with bodybuilders' thighs. (Having seen a no. of kickboxers' legs first-hand, I would contend the most genetically gifted guys might have legs somewhat on par with a regional-level NPC lightweight. Yeah, they're cut and proportioned. They look good. But stand them next to a good light-heavy or bigger, and you'd see their thighs are significantly smaller than they might appear.) Well, that answers your question: bodybuilding yields similar results with far less time.

Could you improve upon that by trying to get "the best of both worlds"? It's impossible to say, since the kickboxers you mentioned typically don't do heavy squats, leg presses, et al. If they did, it's possible that they wouldn't have the energy or capacity to recover from all of the calisthenics. We simply don't know.

Here's something for you to consider: gymnasts. Top Olympic gymnasts have awesome-looking upper bodies. They're really lean, so their thickness is all the more apparent. Their training involves a tremendous amount of very high repetition-style movements.

Should, therefore, bodybuilders try to train heavy *and* adopt gymnast training to improve our physiques? I'd say probably not, since again, you're looking at gymnasts out of context...compare them to a good bodybuilder at the same height, and the bodybuilder will make the gymnast look like a shrimp. The bodybuilder's already well past the gymnast's development (and the training that took the gymnast to that level), so doing lots of iron crosses and such would be taking things a step down.

Another thing someone shouldn't fall prey to is the "overeating compensates for overtraining" idea, which is the reason why we see lots of fat bodybuilders who lift the same weights year after year. Whenever I hear a bodybuilder say shit like that, like Mike Matarrazzo has from time to time, I want to glue their lips shut. It's a goofy idea, and Matarrazzo's physique bears it out...he hasn't changed in years, always placing dead last at big shows like the Olympia.

I am more of the line of thinking, "How can I maximize growth with as little lifting as possible?" The less you can get away with lifting in a given workout, the more often you can *repeat* that workout. With a smaller but more intense workload, it's easier to measure what you're doing, too...I don't know how someone could keep track of thousands of push-ups, freehand squats, etc. day after day.

You could try it, but I honestly think these training styles are a dichotomy: either you pretty much exclusively lift heavy and grow that way, or you stick purely to lots of very light but extremely repetitive movements and try to grow.

guldukat said:

Similarly, what Louden means is that such training is wasteful because there are more efficient ways of doing it. Might training all day in addition to regular lifting work? Maybe, but it would have to work far better to justify spending endless hours on such training.

Exactly!! The body can be trained for 45 minutes to 1 hour to day. The rest of the time is spent recovering.

im actually in chapel hill nc guldakat

sometimes it just seems like i shouldnt be wasting my time on the net. and that possibly i could get some extra benefits from high rep free sqauts in my spare time with some chest and back isometrics or somethin. i mean arent these excerises like active recovery sorta your gettin constant blood flow to the muscles. with normal training your only gettin blood flow to a certain muscle group like 30 minites. but with constant pumping you could be gettin that like 5 or 6 hours a day. seems like it would increase vascularity too

Top Bottom