Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

• nike air type trainers

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • boots

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • converse sneakers

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • whatever shoes you come across first

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • barefoot

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • olympic weightlifting shoes

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • other footwear not mentioned-post up

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters

*The_West*

just wondering what you guys wear when doing these exercises.
i use converse sneakers, i like them as they are lightweight, go past the ankle and have a thin sole.

Seriously, I squat better in flip flops or barefoot.

lol, i cant see flip flops being very safe!
but i do hear a lot of people say that they do it barefoot. it makes sense-that is the way the foot has evolved and is probably the most mechanically advantageous way to do it. i just dont like the idea of picking up 400+lbs with no shoes on!

lol, i cant see flip flops being very safe!
but i do hear a lot of people say that they do it barefoot. it makes sense-that is the way the foot has evolved and is probably the most mechanically advantageous way to do it. i just dont like the idea of picking up 400+lbs with no shoes on!

wellllll, I can't squat 400 lbs ;-)
Besides, it's not like a running shoe will protect your foot any better if 400lbs lands on it.

That's like saying wearing a helmet in a plane crash may save you ;-)

lol good points.
but surely, flip flops? i think simple shoes are best for squatting and deadliftinh, but your feet can move around in them too much, no?

lol good points.
but surely, flip flops? i think simple shoes are best for squatting and deadliftinh, but your feet can move around in them too much, no?

that's just me. I hate my feet all schmooshed in shoes. I just feel I have more control in flips.
But if I were squatting heavy, I may feel less stable and would go bare or in runners.

I wear the muddy nike shoes I wore the day before to mow the grass in. Im not training for Olympia, so it doesnt really matter to me.

I wear the muddy nike shoes I wore the day before to mow the grass in. Im not training for Olympia, so it doesnt really matter to me.

neither am i.
but there are certain things to consider. the footwear you use when performing heavy compound movements such as these is very important, most shoes have a higher heel than toe, and throws your centre of gravity off, meaning that you could be kifting less than you possibly can, or at worst risking injury.

Top Bottom