Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

• nike air type trainers

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • boots

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • converse sneakers

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • whatever shoes you come across first

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • barefoot

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • olympic weightlifting shoes

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • other footwear not mentioned-post up

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
what I mean to say is WHO GIVES A FUCK.

anyone who is serious about squatting and deadlifting heavy

black nike shocks, no way our college's rec center would ever let us squat barefoot, too bad though.

shocks? obviously it is up to you what you wear, but shocks really are not good for squatting and dealifting. you are meant to push through your heels, so anything with a soft, compressable heel will take power out of your lifts.

shocks? obviously it is up to you what you wear, but shocks really are not good for squatting and dealifting. you are meant to push through your heels, so anything with a soft, compressable heel will take power out of your lifts.

I found a pair of NIKE Shocks in my size when I was in the US and they were uncomfortable and would be HORRIBLE for hard squats.

I found a pair of NIKE Shocks in my size when I was in the US and they were uncomfortable and would be HORRIBLE for hard squats.

yeah, i can imagine. i am by no means a strongman or powelifter, but when you are intending to go heavy on squats, you really need suitable footwear. i have been using chucks for quite a while now, but im thinking about getting some footwear intended and designed for powerlifting, nd am just weighing up my options.
i thought this thread would be an insight into what is available and what people use.

Don't be so sensitive. But seriously, if the brand of shoe you wear has that great of impact on your squat, I'm going to go ahead and say it is a mental issue, not a footwear issue. Just my .02 But since you already nega-karma-ed me, I guess you don't want my two cents. Wear whatever you keep in your gym locker and just squat!

It's more then mental man it's plain physics. Foam can't support 700lbs without giving but rubber and wood can do alot better job.

i think im going to try barefoot for a while, see how that goes before i think about getting some powerlifting or oly shoes.

on a side note, there are a lot more people using nike air type trainers than i thought there would be.

I wear combat style boots. They might not be perfect but I'm used to them and I still got great stability. I don't even intend to get over 500Lbs on the deadlift or squat so I think they should suffice.

I wear Nike Air shoes. Next time I go in to squat I am going to try some hard soled shoes like Doc Martens or something along those lines

Top Bottom