Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

• nike air type trainers

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • boots

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • converse sneakers

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • whatever shoes you come across first

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • barefoot

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • olympic weightlifting shoes

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • other footwear not mentioned-post up

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
You want a flat sole shoe. Chucks are good or any skateboard shoe. Once you start getting up there (650+) you really gotta worry about your footware!

You want a flat sole shoe. Chucks are good or any skateboard shoe. Once you start getting up there (650+) you really gotta worry about your footware!

thnx for the feedback bro.

+1 I use DVS Skateboard shoes, good flat sole, slightly raised inside heal, good strong laceup system. I use these now on both quads & hamstring days. The Nike Air Brigade look at me funny, but I'm big & grumpy enough to be able to get away with it in my Ponsy Gym.:chomp:

Chuck T's or barefoot. Usually barefoot only if I am going light. Same for deadlifts only I don't mind DL heavy with bare feet.

Powerlifting Squats: Chucks
OLY Squats: OLY Shoes (there is no substitute)
Deadlifts: Chucks or my Rock Climbing Shoes

OLY shoes and Chucks make the best combination. Once cheap, one expensive. Both last forever if you take care of them. If you are serious about your training...a few hundred bucks, pounds, or euros aren't going to stop you from reaching your goals.

I'm a big fan of shoes I guess. What kind of outerwear do you guys wear during the day? I really like to wear clothes. When I want headgear I opt for what's called a hat. I guess maybe what I mean to say is WHO GIVES A FUCK.

Wrestling shoes seem to work the best for me...You can get adidas ones at the store for like $40...I don't like to train barefoot in the public gym....at home its ok...

For squatting - Adidas weightlifting shoes (squat better with heel), used to use Polish squat boots which are cheaper and good too

For deadlifting - Metal powerlifting shoes (no heel at all just a thin sole, you can squat in them as well if no heel helps)
METAL Sport & Wear - [ GOMETAL.COM ] or for light work Adidas wrestling boots (no heel either)

pretty much the same, oly shoes for squating and flat soled, no heel shoes for deads

black nike shocks, no way our college's rec center would ever let us squat barefoot, too bad though.

Top Bottom