Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

• nike air type trainers

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • boots

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • converse sneakers

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • whatever shoes you come across first

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • barefoot

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • olympic weightlifting shoes

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • other footwear not mentioned-post up

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
neither am i.
but there are certain things to consider. the footwear you use when performing heavy compound movements such as these is very important, most shoes have a higher heel than toe, and throws your centre of gravity off, meaning that you could be kifting less than you possibly can, or at worst risking injury.

squat/deadlift specified shoes have a higher heal. check out some powerlifting shoes.

squat/deadlift specified shoes have a higher heal. check out some powerlifting shoes.

yeah i have noticed this. the oly weightlifting shoes have a small wooden block in the heel.
tbh im surprised noone has said they use oly shoes yet, being that this is EF, i thought loads of people would use them.

yeah i have noticed this. the oly weightlifting shoes have a small wooden block in the heel.
tbh im surprised noone has said they use oly shoes yet, being that this is EF, i thought loads of people would use them.

i've looked at them before, but i doubt i will try something like that until i get up pretty high in weight.....500lb+ squat/deadlift high

i've looked at them before, but i doubt i will try something like that until i get up pretty high in weight.....500lb+ squat/deadlift high

well you could argue the point that maybe they would help get you there quicker?
but i know what you mean, the ones i saw were about £120, which is around $250, so its a helluva lot of money. i would try them for a month or so before i shelled out that kind of cash for a pair of shoes im only going to wear for a couple of hours a week, but i doubt they do "try before you buy" lol

I use my Asics wrestling shoes... They are very very light and thin and I feel very stable in them. That being said, I have forgot them many times and used regular running shoes and the results were pretty much the same as long as the laces were tight. I think it is mainly a mental comfort zone thing. I personally would never in a million years feel comfortable walking around the gym barefoot, in sandals, or wearing flip flops.

Top Bottom