Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

what footwear do you use for squatting and deadlifting?

• nike air type trainers

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • boots

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • converse sneakers

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • whatever shoes you come across first

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • barefoot

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • olympic weightlifting shoes

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • other footwear not mentioned-post up

Votes: 10 12.3%

• Total voters
Summer - flat converse type of trainers/ puma rock climbing style trainers / boxing style trainers

Winter - hiking boots, work boots

I would love to get a pair of olympic weight lifting shoes, however, I prefer to try a pair on before I buy them, they are quite expensive.

And yes, I have a lot of trainers

I would love to get a pair of olympic weight lifting shoes, however, I prefer to try a pair on before I buy them, they are quite expensive.

And yes, I have a lot of trainers

me too, i actually ran this poll on another board a few days ago, and one of the members there told me they wear adidas olympic weightlifting shoes. he sent me a link to them, as i had never seen a pair, i would also like to try them, but they were about £120!!! i cannot shell out that kind of money without knowing i will like them and that they will last me.

but there was something about them that confused me-i thought the whole idea was to have something with flat soles, but these shoes have a wooden wedge in the heel, which i was under the impression would shift your weight forward? im not arguing, if thats how adidas makes their oly shoes, im sure they know what they're doing, i just couldnt get my head round it.

oh yeah-and of course you do-you are a wimminz :)

They are also kinda ugly, they sort of look like bowling shoes.

I have seen some Nike ones that are not as ugly.

I wonder if they work as well when doing other BBing training, not just the powerlifting movements, for example, leg press, or bent over rows.

Oh yah, there is an Irish company that is making weigh lifting shoes as well, half the price, twice as ugly, but all leather ugly. :)

For squatting - Adidas weightlifting shoes (squat better with heel), used to use Polish squat boots which are cheaper and good too

For deadlifting - Metal powerlifting shoes (no heel at all just a thin sole, you can squat in them as well if no heel helps)
METAL Sport & Wear - [ GOMETAL.COM ] or for light work Adidas wrestling boots (no heel either)

Last edited:
I used to squat and pull in Chuck T's. Lately I have been going barefoot. I like this a lot and my stability is just fine. If I was squating with a wide Pl type stance I would definitely go with the Chuck T's. I like pulling barefoot because it cuts the range of motion lol.

Bare foot, loose shorts, no shirt, thats how i do every workout, only equipment i wear is my belt every now and again and bandages around my elbowed when doing zercher's

Bare foot, loose shorts, no shirt, thats how i do every workout, only equipment i wear is my belt every now and again and bandages around my elbowed when doing zercher's

ZERCHERS!!!!! Damn bro I haven't done these in forever. Great exercise!!

Does it matter?

Top Bottom