Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What exercises will make a hernia bigger?

tommboy

I know the obvious heavy deads.... But what exercises would also irritate and make a hernia bigger? Do you think I will be ok doing Lounges, Stiff legged deadlifts and squats??? Or should I kick those out too?

Last edited:
Any exercise that makes you strain (raises pressure inside your abdomen).
Unfortunately, that would be most exercises.

So like right now I did a bunch of sit ups and leg lifts. And the lower part of my abdomen got bigger. Is that a sign of a hernia or just my lower abs being pumped from the exercise. My top 4 abs are pumped but they dont stick out like the lower 2, maybe that is because the lower 2 have fat they are pushing out???

LoneTree said:
Any exercise that makes you strain (raises pressure inside your abdomen).
Unfortunately, that would be most exercises.

Because i am not sure if I have one and I got to wait a couple weeks untill my doctors appointment. Also some people I asked said I am just paranoid. I really hope I do not have one, I won't be able to lift for a couple of months and it is about to be summer.

roidpuple said:
why do you not go have surgery??

tommboy said:
Because i am not sure if I have one and I got to wait a couple weeks untill my doctors appointment. Also some people I asked said I am just paranoid. I really hope I do not have one, I won't be able to lift for a couple of months and it is about to be summer.

Summer comes every year.. your health is a little more important then summer.. i'd play it safe.. When i had a hernia i was in alot of pain and i didnt consider working out one time

it doesn't hurt at all.......

nutsnack said:
Summer comes every year.. your health is a little more important then summer.. i'd play it safe.. When i had a hernia i was in alot of pain and i didnt consider working out one time

the three heavies shoudl be avoided

squats

power deads

and power bench

just start lifting stricter

Hernia is in your groin or testicular sac. Not in the abs.
Stand up, remove your underwear.
Then close your mouth and strain hard.
If you see a soft lump appearing in your groin, or in your testicular sac, then you have hernia.
Otherwise, you don't.

LoneTree said:
Hernia is in your groin or testicular sac. Not in the abs.
Stand up, remove your underwear.
Then close your mouth and strain hard.
If you see a soft lump appearing in your groin, or in your testicular sac, then you have hernia.
Otherwise, you don't.

ha ha good advise.. or turn your head and cough ha ha...
i think that is the point... i would be more worried about tightening up and pinching somthing in the opening.. ouch..

Top Bottom