Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What exercises pull shoulders back?

darwinmcduck

I have seen some post where guys say that their front delts are pushed forward from heavy benching and that they need to do some work on getting their shoulders pulled back. I think this is me too. What exercises can you do?I have been doing heavy dumbbell presses for years.

cable rows, wide grip chins, pretty much anything that tightens the rhomboids and rear delts. and ease up on the chest

You want to see instant magic ?

It's as much a posture issue as well , get your ass onto a threadmill and start walking backwards holding onto the side rails till you get your balance and rythum ... ( this is really cool )

Then drop your hands down and you'll naturally pull back your shoulders without even knowing it inorder to maintain balance ... i've done this with 100 clients in the past and said nothing . When you get off the threadmill you'll notice your now holding your shoulders back untill you slip back into your bad posture position .

Posterior deltoid work will also help as muscles are tight when worked so they will help pull back the shoulder ... any type of high row to the shoulders will work .

Reverse your body position on a pec deck and fly backwards

High cable row with elbow high and level with the shoulders

Same thing can be accomplished with bent over dumbell rows if you row high to the shoulders

What your after is to tighten up the back of the shoulders in an attempt to drawn the scapula back and keep it there in the relaxed position

fortunatesun said:
Face pulls.

Is that like a "high pull"?
33.gif

KOArtist said:
Is that like a "high pull"?
33.gif

Put a rope attachment on a high cable. Take a few steps to get some distance from the stack. You want to be facing the stack. Then just pull the cable towards your forehead. You can't go real heavy on these, so increase reps. You need to keep your body as rigid as possible. If you're being pulled forward then your using too much weight.
You can also use a stretch band attached to the top of a rack. Just pull the band apart as it nears your face.
Good for upper back and rear delts.

I've been doing behind the neck snatch grip presses (esp. good for rotators) but I was hesitant to recommend them because I'm unsure of the actual overall effects of the action. They do seem to decompress my shoulders nicely if I've been benching/overhead pressing that day as well as adding some balance to the workout.

Had a similar problem with the delts pulling forward and did not catch it until I pinched a nerve. Also at the same time I was getting pain in the shoulders from what I latter found out was enlarged bursa sacks. Went to the chriopracter and he recomended streching. Place your hand palm up on a door frame and strech forward until you feel the strech in your delt and peck. More than likely your pecs are pulling the delt forward.

Top Bottom