Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For what exercises do you use a belt?

Garza

I laugh when I see the guys at my gym using a belt on every exercise, they are just weakening their back and more of less defeating the purpose of working out. I use a belt on deadlifts SOMETIMES and I'll normally use one while doing bent over barbell rows becuase my back is usually exhausted from deadlifts.

So, what exercises do you use a belt for?

------------------
weedsign.jpg

I don't use a belt unless I go over 405 on Squats or DL's. Otherwise, I leave it at home. Like you, I occasionaly use one on bent over rows just because by that time I'm tired and it keeps my form correct.

I know what you mean, to some guys, a belt is like a pacifier...

------------------
One Rep Past Death...

I havent used a belt in about 4 years. I noticed a huge difference in my lower back development once I stopped using it. I have gone a heavy as 6 plates on a deadlift for a triple with out one and 5 plates on a squat for 5 reps with out a belt. I dont do this every week but it has been doen with out injury.

Squats, heavy barbell shrugs, T-bars, good mornings and stiff-legged's. I have a recurring lower back injury that flares up easily if I'm not careful. I would never even attempt the aforementioned without a belt.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

I like to watch the guys my age strut around in the gym with a belt on like they are hot shit. All they do is cable exercises and machines. They are my entertainment.

IN MY OPINION,AND I STRESS MY OPINION,A BELT SHOULD BE USED FOR ANY EXERCISES WHERE "HEAVY" WEIGHT IS APPLIED.I'VE STUDIED THE PRO'S AND CONS OF HAVING A BELT,BUT I BELEIVE IF YOU ARE USING HEAVY WEIGHT,A BELT CAN BE BENEFICIAL...WHY TAKE A CHANCE.IF YOU ARE USING REPS OF 10(+),THEN OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE NOT TRAINING AT MAXIMUM POUNDAGE LEVELS AND DON'T REQUIRE A BELT...BUT,ON THE OTHER HAND,WHEN YOU TRAINING IN THE 1-6 REPS,YOU SHOULD BE USING A BELT,BECAUSE OF THE HEAVY WEIGHT.FYI

------------------
if you don't like it,get the fuck out!

Squats, deadlifts, stiff-legged deadlifts, barbell rows, shrugs, barbell curls

------------------
I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are. - Homer Simpson

Top Bottom