Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

For what exercises do you use a belt?

Preacher curls, concentration curls, pull-ups, machine row, calf extensions, all cardio work....

Hey, that's what half the dudes in my gym do here.....

hehehe

i use a belt on squat, sldl, dl, bent over barbell rows

------------------
THE NORWEGIAN FREIGHT TRAIN

"Pain, is just weakness leaving your body"

"...damn you for not giving my TEST" - Metallica

"After this show i'll be fat and happy again.....If i make it to the show...." - Lee Priest

"Lets put some weight on the bar.." - Shawn Ray

"IT DOESN'T MATTER" - The Rock

"Intensity builds immensity" - Kevin Levrone

I have always worn it for everything for 13 years. This was what I was told to do 13 years ago. Consequently, I have now found that my lower back is weaker than it should be and have recently been experimenting in training without it and building strength in it.

My belt is on during squats, deadlifts, bent-over barbell rows, and shrugs. Never on during bench-presses or leg presses. A belt does nothing on those exercises but restrict my breathing. If you're lifting heavy, that is the last thing you need. A belt is very important, however on any lift where the lower vertebrae of the spine are stressed. Who can lift anything with all of their discs hanging out of their rear end?

It has been found that athletes training using belts are basically more susceptible to lower back injuries. You need to include abdominal training and lower back training to keep these core muscles strong and reduce the chance of injury. Training constantly with a belt will make these muscles weaker in effect and wont do much for their development. If you look at olympic weightlifters, most don't use belts and these exercises are much more stressful on the lower back than DL or squats for example.

Heavy Squats only.. The only place most Gyms provide a belt is at the squat rack. That's a good hint that it's probably the most needed place.

May sound strange, but I used it for dips.... I have a tendency to curve my back in a strange way while I'm doing them and it hurts. The belt stops it.

Top Bottom