Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What else besides west Side for strength?

Slyder190

I have looked up WS and read a little about it here and there off the recomended wb sites and what not. Seems very complicated. I was thinking of ordering the tapes, but not sure since I don't know I can use the routine due the exact way it should be done because I have a herniated dsic. ANy other books or routines that can help me add some strength? Thanks.

WS is only complicated at first.....you'll get the hang of it soon enough. Most people here will tell you it's the way to go.

If not, then I recommend you look into strength periodization or Neural Potentiating routines, like the works of Pavel Tsatsouline.

-Zulu

agree it seems complicated at first read, but after you get into it you'll see its pretty simple and intuitive.

I don't know what to tell you about your back - that really sucks - but you might be able to start with just the upper-body part of the system. the upper and lower body are distinct in WS, so you could begin incorporating some WS principles now, like the ME/DE split, etc.

also, I think Simmons' motivation for using the reverse hyper was rehab for a severe spinal injury he had - so you might find that movement good for rehab for your back.

If you are just beginning...then pick the most simple movements that you can and do them once a week or so. Keep your reps under 10 mostly, and progressively use heavier weights. Modify as necessary.

Ohh...strengthen your abs...your back will thank you for it.

B True

Top Bottom