Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what to eat before training for energy

Danny Fit

what would the best food to have before training for energy, and also food that take short time to get into the blood stream?

what would the best food to have before training for energy, and also food that take short time to get into the blood stream?
The best is open to interpretation but I throw back a shake consisting of 6 eggs and 1/2 cup of quick oats mixed with a scoop of cell mass berry flavor to improve the flavor and add my creatine. Any caffeine will help with energy and a bit of focus/ intensity. Works for me and I've been doing it for a long while.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Something high in carbs, moderate in protein and low in fat. Something easily digesting so you don't feel bloated and gasy during your workout.

I really like a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of whey isolate mixed in. Easy digesting and it'll give you nice sustained energy throughout your workout

i like
1 cup rice krispies (has no added sugar)
1/4 cup oats
1 scoop whey
tb flax seeds
1 c unsweetened almond milk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I normaly have 1 slice toast with pennant butter on. 1 hour before. And a Mr hyde nitro 20 min before. Seems.to.dp the trick. Not looked into all the technical sides but I feel good through whole work out. Mind or science it works for me.

There are two issues at play for many.
1) Time of day. It's relatively, at least currently, for me as I tend towards my main gym sessions within 2 hours of breakfast. Others struggle because the majority train after a days work or at school. So it's often when their energy can drop off. Hence the use of preworkouts - which then keep them awake

2) Piss poor eating habits. Kinda obvious lol. It's better to ask not what to have before a workout but rather to consider EVERY meal as part of what's gonna give you energy. If you ate well all day yesterday and then not quite so well in the morning you'll still have a better workout than if all the meals are poor.

Stevesmi has successfully trialed fasting and found, as have others, that the body adapts. The first few sessions might be a struggle but after a while...

Finally, some of my best sessions have been when I felt tired and or hungry. It's like my body knew i was gonna try and f**k it up and saved me some 'steam' for the gym

It is usually water that people neglect. Make sure you are hydrated before training or you will be constantly trying to catch up and end up with a full stomach. That makes it uncomfortable when you are trying to train. If you feel like you need food before you train then just try simple foods that are easy to digest like a sweet potato or an apple.

Top Bottom