Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you guys think?

miked8c

So a few of you know my history, so you know where I am at right now.

Here are my maxes

Bench:300(as of yesterday)
Squat: 385
Deadlift:405

This is just after coming back from a 2 month break from all of these exercises, so there is definitely newbie gains to be made here.

My question is that even though I am not a beginner lifter should I try to do the 5x5 for a cycle? Or should I just go straight back into the 531?

2 month break? you strength is gonna go away very quickly.

the good news is muscle memory is a great thing and you can get those gains back fast too.

definately work out for several months and get back to your PR's then worry about cycling. it will pay dividends in the long run

I would do the 5x5 and like stevesmi said get back to you previous PR's. Im not sure if your anticipating a cycle or not, but if you are I would hold off until you back to where you were prior to the break.

I dont think hes thinking of doing a cycle. Bro I would just work out hard and you are gonna get stronger. The problem with 5x5 right now is youre gonna make huge gains the first month or 2 no matter what program you do. I would honestly get back to around where I left off by just lifting heavy, and then when you start to stall or get close to your previos lifts, start the 5x5.

That way when you start the 5x5 you sort of get a "deload" since the first 4 weeks is light weight.

5/3/1 is good too but again I would wait until you get your strength back. Start the program with the BEST base you can, strength and mass wise. This is just my opinion

Top Bottom