Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you consider strong?

"I have a picture," PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Nahh just messing around, and yes, that particular task requires a whole different level of fortitude.

I love you Blazer.

But...being strong is a 300 pound man on a 14 hour flight with a 2 year old, both cranky and sleep deprived, at 36,000 feet, in the airplane bathroom changing a poopy diaper at 3 in the morning.

I have a picture.

Was the diaper full enough that you could curl it and get a pump?

B-

Is the bench press something that can always progress in terms of weight lifted?? Or do you think certain people just tend to have weaker lifting ability in this lift due to genetics and will always be limited by that? Specifically for me my bench press is my weakest lift not just in weight but in confidence and feeling when I am doing them as opposed to my squat and deadlifts.

ok, we're in the same boat in this one...
i have been training in powerlifting for a few years now, and despite how much effort, rest, training methods etc i have tried, my bench fails to increase signifigantly...
it has also been said that bench is the most effected of the big 3 by your bodyweight... so maybe the fact that i have weighed within a 20lb range the last few years is limiting that...
genetically speaking, i also have very long arms... so i would definately say that makes a difference as well...
some days i go into the gym with a poor attitude towards benching and im sure that dosnt help... but there are more days that i am ready to tear shit up... and it turns into utter failure...
on a positive note, i dont need a spotter... if i fail a lift, i roll it onto my lap and stand up with it...

about the 1.5xbw bench, 2xbw squat and 2.5xbw dead being good numbers, good yes for the average gym guy... for 5 reps being advanced? maybe, but not elite... i deadlift about 3.3xbw and would not consider myself elite yet...

"I have a picture," PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN! Nahh just messing around, and yes, that particular task requires a whole different level of fortitude.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Top Bottom