Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you consider strong?

balancefighter

Looking at the thread being strong or looking strong got me thinking. After a few years I have broke some goals I always wanted too and it got me thinking when you do you look at somebody as strong. It seemed like repectfull numbers used to be a 315 bench and 405 dead/squat. Is this still the case or do you need a 405 bench and squat/dead closer to 600? To me I have always wanted a balance of looking strong and being strong but being strong always out weighed the other.

I think it depends on your weight. If you're 180 and benching in excess of 315 and can squat/dead 405 then obviously you're pretty strong. However, those numbers aren't as impressive if you're 240.

Yeah I see it like that and also I see it in the little guy that has no mass at all because of his natty build but can throw up the weight to your surprise. Kind of like a sleeper car. the ratio of body lb to rep lbs and the look

Tblock1, that post you listed I think is pretty spot on except for when it goes past the 242lbs weight class. The numbers for 275 and up are too low imo so I agree it's abit off.

That said a 242lbs RAW lifter benching 395, squatting 550, deadlifting 600 and pressing 267lbs is strong as fuck. That's a 1545 raw pl total. Consider the IPF raw belt only elite total for a 242lbs lifter is 1607...

People see so many pl totals and forget that is geared and most of those 1100-1200 pounds squats are in canvas suits with a monolift and questionable depth.

I have seen an 1100lbs squatter switch feds and his single ply squat is actually like 880-900lbs. That's an easy 200lbs drop because of weaker gear. Now take the squat suit and knee wraps out and you're looking at probably a 750-800 raw squat for a 280-300lbs guy which is still strong as fuck.

My coach is one of the strongest relatively "unknown" pl'ers ever imo. At 265lbs the guy squatted 900lbs in single ply to full squat depth, hams on calves with a medium stance and benched 500 raw. He could squat roughly 800 raw "deep".

Those numbers may seem trivial compared to geared numbers, but for raw that is obscenely powerful. His best geared single ply total was 2100ish in competition yet I personally saw him do individual lifts in training totalling 2000 raw...

Tblock1, that post you listed I think is pretty spot on except for when it goes past the 242lbs weight class. The numbers for 275 and up are too low imo so I agree it's abit off.

That said a 242lbs RAW lifter benching 395, squatting 550, deadlifting 600 and pressing 267lbs is strong as fuck. That's a 1545 raw pl total. Consider the IPF raw belt only elite total for a 242lbs lifter is 1607...

People see so many pl totals and forget that is geared and most of those 1100-1200 pounds squats are in canvas suits with a monolift and questionable depth.

I have seen an 1100lbs squatter switch feds and his single ply squat is actually like 880-900lbs. That's an easy 200lbs drop because of weaker gear. Now take the squat suit and knee wraps out and you're looking at probably a 750-800 raw squat for a 280-300lbs guy which is still strong as fuck.

My coach is one of the strongest relatively "unknown" pl'ers ever imo. At 265lbs the guy squatted 900lbs in single ply to full squat depth, hams on calves with a medium stance and benched 500 raw. He could squat roughly 800 raw "deep".

Those numbers may seem trivial compared to geared numbers, but for raw that is obscenely powerful. His best geared single ply total was 2100ish in competition yet I personally saw him do individual lifts in training totalling 2000 raw...

wow a 900 lb squat in single ply that deep in strong as fuck. I cant even imagine what it feels like to squat down that deep with that much weight.

Top Bottom