Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you consider strong?

different standars for different people. thatbloke just said 1.5bw bwnch is acceptably strong, but then in his opinion he thinks a 455 bench is strong

well for a 200lb lifter thats eiter a 300lb bench or a 455lb bench, 155lb difference!

This is how I determine if im strong. I put on weight and when I get looks from ppl in the gym then i know im strong. Thats the only time ill look at ppl lifting, if theyre doin some good weight. And it is not a specific number. If a skinny ass dude throws on 315 for bench, ill be watching him do it. Id rather look not as strong and then push the weight rather than look big but cant do a lot of weiht.

personly to me wen i first started i thought 315/400/500 was strong
but now

any bench over 455 is strong

and and squat over 660, and deadlift over 700 is strong

another factor i think people dont consider often enough is gear doses, despite bodyweight is a factor many underestimate just how much strength the right anabolic steroids doses and mix can give you

e.g for me trenbelone at 400-500mg weekly will give me roughly a 30% increae in strength within 3-4 weeks

so needless to say anabolic does play a major factor

however simple guidleline to me is, benching 1.5X ur bw, squat 2X ur bw, and dead 2.5X ur bw is a a easy guidle to determine whether ur acceptably strong

By these standards im there or above in every lift. By the chart I am just a little away from elite on every lift. With my lifts right now I would consider myself strong. I just hope when I cut down I can maintain them with the help of a good cutting cycle.

I have heard, body weight press, 1.5x BW Bench, 2x BW Squat, 2.5x BW Dead lift

I would say these are decent numbers for an average gym member who has never used steroids.

200lbs bw = 300lb bench, 400lb squat, 500lb dead.

There are too many definitions of a "squat". It is almost too hard to use it to measure strength on the internet. A 400lb ATG squat > 400lb average gym member squat.

How about a woman's perspective. For me I can bench 115lbs and can squat 210lbs. My perception of strong would be benching 135lbs (the big plates) and squatting 225lbs (two big plates). I have a way to go but those are my goals.

Now as to what I think is strong for a man. I would say benching 315 for at least 5 smooth, clean reps and squatting 315 for 10 smooth, clean reps. Something about a guy struggling to get a weight up for one rep is unattractive, but when a man easily pumps out a heavy weight for reps....now that is sexy.

Rebecca D:stilleto:

How about a woman's perspective. For me I can bench 115lbs and can squat 210lbs. My perception of strong would be benching 135lbs (the big plates) and squatting 225lbs (two big plates). I have a way to go but those are my goals.

Now as to what I think is strong for a man. I would say benching 315 for at least 5 smooth, clean reps and squatting 315 for 10 smooth, clean reps.Something about a guy struggling to get a weight up for one rep is unattractive, but when a man easily pumps out a heavy weight for reps....now that is sexy.

What if that weight they are struggling to get up happens to be a 500 pound bench for a rep haha?

Check the standards I posted they go for women too if you look under the male ones

Weightlifting Performance Standards

A 2x bodyweight bench is very strong. There are many lifters that will never no matter how hard they train bench that much.

I train around some world class natural pl'ers and I can tell you for sure a raw 2x bench is considered strong to your general powerlifter. I know several guys that can squat 500+ and dead 600 or more than can barely bench 315.

Alot of guys take the bench for granted since arm length and especially shoulder width and thickness play a huge part in one's success at the lift. After seeing more than a few guys with long arms yet still possessing broad shoulders I've come to the conclusion the shoulder ratio is as important if not more important. This and chest depth, tricep tendon attachment etc all play a role.

A raw 3x squat is fucking beastly. We have a girl that can squat 400lbs in a suit that weighs 120lbs. If I could squat 3x my current bodyweight that would be 750lbs. Add in a squat suit+knee wraps and you have an 850+ squatter which is extremely strong.

It's really subjective though to each individual.

One guy recently commented to me how this HUGE guy at my gym isn't as strong as he thought he would be. The huge guy is literally like 7" tall yet has hyooge shoulders and arms and is very powerfully built despite his height. He benches 315 for maybe 5, but he has the arm span of an nba player, but the thickness of a football player.

What this kid didn't realize about the huge guy is that he is actually retardedly strong to bench that weight since he literally presses it over a range of 3 1/2+ feet I shit you not. Then consider the guy comes into the gym 2-3x a month and you realize the guy is a fuckin monster.

Anyhow I'm rambling again...

Now as to what I think is strong for a man. I would say benching 315 for at least 5 smooth, clean reps and squatting 315 for 10 smooth, clean reps. Something about a guy struggling to get a weight up for one rep is unattractive, but when a man easily pumps out a heavy weight for reps....now that is sexy.

You took the words right out of my mouth! Except for the "sexy" part of course...Lol
But you're right on target IMO... I hope you reach your goals!

1.5x body weight bench, 1x body weight strict standing press, 2x body weight squat, and 2.5x body weight dead

These are numbers everyone who trains should try and hit. Once you can get all these for a single work on getting them for five. That to me would be the difference between intermediate and advanced strength.

Lucky for me I'm still in the intermediate zone on a few of those lists :D

I'd like to see b fold and bblazer's take on this. They're the strongest guys on here.

1.5x body weight bench, 1x body weight strict standing press, 2x body weight squat, and 2.5x body weight dead

These are numbers everyone who trains should try and hit. Once you can get all these for a single work on getting them for five. That to me would be the difference between intermediate and advanced strength.

Lucky for me I'm still in the intermediate zone on a few of those lists :D

I'd like to see b fold and bblazer's take on this. They're the strongest guys on here.

Wow those numbes x5! Thats what you call elite!

Top Bottom