Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What Do Ya'll Think About Mike Metzer Workout Routine?

curling

I tried it last week. You know where you do super heavy weight with only like four to five reps real slow down and real slow up(back for instance). Rest only one minute between sets and then hit it again. And only do three different exercises per body part? You can get done in about 15 minutes. I mean he was a pretty big dude.

Not even one reply? I mean you can be as short as "it works" or "it sux". But if you give no reply, I have no idea if it is worth trying for a while or not. I did try it and it did seem highly intensive and I got a good muscle burn and pump from doing it which would seem to be effective in tearing and growing muscle mass. But come on dudes say something. ok?

Well, I'm a big fan of HIT (High Intensity Training) which is what Mike did. I've been doing it for about 3 months now and have gotten great results. It can be pretty tough going to failure each set but I think thats what my body needs to get the most results (this may not be for everyone). Anyways, check out www.cyberpump.com for lots of good HIT resources. Tell me if you have any more questions...

Do you use enough weight where you can only get four reps or so? Also how many different exercises do you do per body part? And thanks for replying.

Well you asked...(Sorry DaCypher) I think Mentzer was a fruitcake, crackpot with a sub-par physique. His workouts are complete shit and I wouldn't do one if you paid me...well, maybe if you paid me. Personally, I hypothesize that what he espouses and what he actually did are two different things and he uses the "Heavy Duty" bullshit just to pad his bankroll.

diamonddiceclay said:
he was juiced to the gills
Hardly. He made no secret about his steroid use. He used fairly moderate dosages, at least compared to what's common today, as did all of that era(~15mg d-bol a day)

Grizzly said:
Well you asked...(Sorry DaCypher) I think Mentzer was a fruitcake, crackpot with a sub-par physique. His workouts are complete shit and I wouldn't do one if you paid me...well, maybe if you paid me. Personally, I hypothesize that what he espouses and what he actually did are two different things and he uses the "Heavy Duty" bullshit just to pad his bankroll.
You've got to to be fucking kidding me. 'Sub-par physique'? He's the only person ever to get a perfect score at the Olympia. Oh, but he was so popular among the bodybuilding elite...that must explain it. And again, to spout complete shit about a subject about which you know nothing does not speak well to your critical faculties. Have you tried Mentzer's workouts? If not, your opinion is less than worthless. I'm not going to say either way, as I've never used them himself. I find his obsession with Ayn Rand and pseudo-philosophical conceits tiring but I think there's a great deal of worth in what he says.

curling said:
Do you use enough weight where you can only get four reps or so? Also how many different exercises do you do per body part? And thanks for replying.
I'm not exactly sure what Mentzer advocates. I employ fairly low-volume myself with a system somewhat similar to what Mentzer employed, although with a bit higher volume and longer rests between sets. I would get his book "Heavy Duty". I'm of the opinion that if you're going to follow someone's advice you should, at least in the beginning, follow it to the letter. I'm sure Mentzer explains exactly how he thinks one should approach things in his books.

Blood&Iron said:

Hardly. He made no secret about his steroid use. He used fairly moderate dosages, at least compared to what's common today, as did all of that era(~15mg d-bol a day)

That seems like he may have lied just a tad. It's highly unlikely that he/those of the time only used d-bol while skipping such wonderful additions such as a good oil based testosterone.

Top Bottom