Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What distance sprints are good for 3 mile distance times?

cwc73

I'm training for my second half of USMC OCS which is in July. I currently do distance running sunday tuesday and thursday. These distances are like 3 miles and above usually. I do my weight training--full body-- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have recently began doing some sprint work post weight lifting workouts.

I just want to know which distances are best for improving my 3 mile time and just being overall fit for OCS. .25s? .5s? 1 miles?

Thanks

cwc73 said:
I'm training for my second half of USMC OCS which is in July. I currently do distance running sunday tuesday and thursday. These distances are like 3 miles and above usually. I do my weight training--full body-- Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I have recently began doing some sprint work post weight lifting workouts.

I just want to know which distances are best for improving my 3 mile time and just being overall fit for OCS. .25s? .5s? 1 miles?

Thanks

You know, gymgurl did a really good job there. Variations would be ladder workouts (3200, 1600, 800) or fartleks (200 Hard, 200 easy x N). Do this on a track.

But note that you don't want to 'sprint' - sprinting will not do anything for your 3 mile time.

Ideally you'd have a coach. But you don't. go to the bottom of this page, pick your level, and get a scheduele.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_4/146.shtml

Good luck at OCS. Suggest you get some Thorlo tactical boot socks. They prevented me from ever getting a blister when I was down there.

Top Bottom