Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What bodybuilder had the BEST GENETICS?

What bodybuilder had the best genetics?

• Arnold Schwartznegger

Votes: 568 42.3%
  • Flex Wheeler

Votes: 270 20.1%
  • Danny Padillo

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Dorian Yates

Votes: 58 4.3%
  • Frank Zane

Votes: 59 4.4%
  • Mike Mentzer

Votes: 23 1.7%
  • Dorian Yates

Votes: 48 3.6%
  • Ronnie Coleman

Votes: 189 14.1%
  • Lee haney

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • some other guy... Please name him!

Votes: 84 6.3%

• Total voters
jakethemus

i agree with you.
Also Lee Haney did not have great genetics either.
He trained at Gold's in the seventies when Arnold was king, but he only started winning y e a r s later. You can hardly say "great genetics". Willpower, determination, responding to the newer drugs would be better to say.

well, it's hard to tell a pros genetic scale with today's drugs...hell they all look the same to me.

But in my opinion, Mentzer had very good genetics. If he hadn't restricted to HD-style training and had used what the pros are using today...I'm sure he'd be a formidable pro.

Ruhl is one hell of a freaky bastard though.

Some people say Dorian didn't have good genetics. All I can say to that is based on very old pics I've seen of him in which he probably hadn't touched steroids, I could see him being able to get to where he has through steroids and dedication. I wouldn't have guessed the same thing about Coleman though from the old pics I've seen of him. But they both have looked amazing at their peaks though.

I have met and spoken to a guy who was present in the gym when a teenage Arnold first walked into a gym and was closely involved with Arnolds early years of bodybuilding. He has some very interesting stories to tell. He said that on that first visit to a gymnasium Arnold appeared to have the WORST genetics for bodybuilding that you have ever seen. Narrow bottle shoulders, skinny legs , no calves, NOTHING. Interesting how we stand here now and say that Arnold had the best genetics. Possibly 'genetics is not the most accurate term for this discussion. Personally speaking some of the most genetically gifted people I've ever seen have been sitting under 40 pounds of fat in a public bar (and there they choose to remain). You will never know until you try.

Top Bottom