Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What bodybuilder had the BEST GENETICS?

What bodybuilder had the best genetics?

• Arnold Schwartznegger

Votes: 568 42.3%
  • Flex Wheeler

Votes: 270 20.1%
  • Danny Padillo

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • Dorian Yates

Votes: 58 4.3%
  • Frank Zane

Votes: 59 4.4%
  • Mike Mentzer

Votes: 23 1.7%
  • Dorian Yates

Votes: 48 3.6%
  • Ronnie Coleman

Votes: 189 14.1%
  • Lee haney

Votes: 28 2.1%
  • some other guy... Please name him!

Votes: 84 6.3%

• Total voters
Arnold all the way. He wasn't as big as some of today's pro's, he competed at about 235lbs which is small in modern bb. He could beat bigger opponents with asthetic's and size, compared to size alone which most bb rely on now. I wish bb wasn't ALL about size like it is now.

sergio'THE MYTH'oliva

I think sergio had amazing genetics, i think demayo had amazing genetics, i think lee priest, ronnie, yates have insanly amazing genes. but arnold did not have great genes. he had just a little above the avarage genes,,,,,thats it. let me ask you arnold lovers this: What was so special about arnold? Chest, Arms uhhhhh thats it. maybe calves. so i guess muscularly theres nothing special about him. ohh ok but he looked good. an he was asthetically pleasing. Now isnt there a name for guys that look good and only have chest and arms......aahhh yes:pRETTY BOYS. thats all arnold was a big pretty boy. thats it. Sergio made arnold look like a child. you guys arnt even considering arnolds body when we talk about him all you consider is the name. because if arnold was to show up today, he'd get laughed at. the man had no shoulders, no thighs, no back, no traps. Looks good, sure. but the best genetics, HELL NO.

LT3 said:
I think sergio had amazing genetics, i think demayo had amazing genetics, i think lee priest, ronnie, yates have insanly amazing genes. but arnold did not have great genes. he had just a little above the avarage genes,,,,,thats it. let me ask you arnold lovers this: What was so special about arnold? Chest, Arms uhhhhh thats it. maybe calves. so i guess muscularly theres nothing special about him. ohh ok but he looked good. an he was asthetically pleasing. Now isnt there a name for guys that look good and only have chest and arms......aahhh yes:pRETTY BOYS. thats all arnold was a big pretty boy. thats it. Sergio made arnold look like a child. you guys arnt even considering arnolds body when we talk about him all you consider is the name. because if arnold was to show up today, he'd get laughed at. the man had no shoulders, no thighs, no back, no traps. Looks good, sure. but the best genetics, HELL NO.

Isn't that what bb is really about, looking good? Many of these modern bb's don't look good. They have too much mass and some of them aren't proportional ie Lee Preist. BB is about muscle but also looking good, now it has become just about muscle. How can you say Arnold had only a little above average genetics? You would be hard pressed to find a guy that could build that physique.

Isn't that what bb is really about, looking good? Many of these modern bb's don't look good. They have too much mass and some of them aren't proportional ie Lee Preist. BB is about muscle but also looking good, now it has become just about muscle. How can you say Arnold had only a little above average genetics? You would be hard pressed to find a guy that could build that physique.

No, bodybuilding is about being as freaky and awsome as possible. Think about it, modern bodybuilding---Ronnie, ruhl, gunter, cutler...freaks. bodybuilding in arnolds time---they too were considered freaks, not to todays standards but with their standards they were the freaks back then. Before arnolds time---all the "bbrs" often participated in side shows, and circus' and things of that nature---freaks. Even in pumping iron, you see columbu blowing up one of those hot water bags.----freak. he was doing it for spectacle. if bbing was about looking good and pretty, why isnt brad pitt the current mr.o? hmmm i know why, coz thats NOT what bbing is about. To me lee priest looks great. and bbing in its nature is NOT about proportion. because its a sport which requires you to break your genetic limit, once you do that you are not proportionate. And how would i be hard pressed to find a guy that could build a physique like arnolds? what chest and arms? theres about 20 guys that go to my gym that look like that. same size as arnold? no but they have the genetic potential to get to where he was. thats why i say arnold has little above the avarage genes. now you tell me if you can find a ruhl, a ronnie, a sergio

LT3 said:
No, bodybuilding is about being as freaky and awsome as possible. Think about it, modern bodybuilding---Ronnie, ruhl, gunter, cutler...freaks. bodybuilding in arnolds time---they too were considered freaks, not to todays standards but with their standards they were the freaks back then. Before arnolds time---all the "bbrs" often participated in side shows, and circus' and things of that nature---freaks. Even in pumping iron, you see columbu blowing up one of those hot water bags.----freak. he was doing it for spectacle. if bbing was about looking good and pretty, why isnt brad pitt the current mr.o? hmmm i know why, coz thats NOT what bbing is about. To me lee priest looks great. and bbing in its nature is NOT about proportion. because its a sport which requires you to break your genetic limit, once you do that you are not proportionate. And how would i be hard pressed to find a guy that could build a physique like arnolds? what chest and arms? theres about 20 guys that go to my gym that look like that. same size as arnold? no but they have the genetic potential to get to where he was. thats why i say arnold has little above the avarage genes. now you tell me if you can find a ruhl, a ronnie, a sergio

No, freakish physiques is what it has become, not what is began as. Bodybuilding is about creating the ideal physique and few outside the hardcore pro bb circuit believe that excessively huge guys look good. Some of the pro bb don't even like looking the way they do but understand it is neccessary to win now days. Blowing up the hot water bags is for show, just like everything else in bb. It doesn't make them a freak to do that, it just demonstrates powerful lungs. And unless you are training at Venice beach there are not 20 guys that look like Arnold. I bet not even one. There may be some that have similiaar size but not the overall physique or they would be pro's. If Arnold was still competing today I bet he would take some shows over these freaks. As far a Pitt goes, I bet if he entered a natural comp at a lower than state level, he would place. Regardless, a guy that looks like Pitt or Arnold would get more ass than Ronnie or any of those guys and sex appeal is a huge part of bb for many people. If you feel those extreme of muscles are neccassary you have compensation issues for something.

Top Bottom