Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is better Training one body part per week or two per week

The only bodyparts I would ever consider training twice a week would be calves or abs. Otherwise, hit it hard once a week and let them rest.

Two words:

Titan Training :D :D :D

I'm doin' chest 3 times a week. Never had the kind of growth I've gotten with doing it this way.

My .02

gentiking has a good point.......... but that really depends on your level of training

a good rule of thumb is this:

beginner....... every bodypart 3 days a week
intermediate.....every bodypart 2 days a week
advanced......every bodypart 1 day a week

tronious said:
Two words:

Titan Training :D :D :D

I'm doin' chest 3 times a week. Never had the kind of growth I've gotten with doing it this way.

My .02

Sure, that shocker will work for a few weeks but you cannot do that indefinitely or it will become catabolic.

Exodus said:

a good rule of thumb is this:

beginner....... every bodypart 3 days a week
intermediate.....every bodypart 2 days a week
advanced......every bodypart 1 day a week

Why can beginners work out more times a week?

Beginners will make strength gains due to neuromuscular strength increases and usually only very small gains due to actual increase in muscle size in the first 3 months. It's good for beginners to train muscles more often to 'teach' their muscles how to perform exercises and recruit more muscle fibres to perform those exercises. This doesn't require as much recovery time as muscle repair after muscle breakdown due to heavy lifting.

GenetiKing is right about training major muscles once a week to achieve best results in the long run.

hardgainer (pump)

absolute hardgainer said:
Beginners will make strength gains due to neuromuscular strength increases and usually only very small gains due to actual increase in muscle size in the first 3 months. It's good for beginners to train muscles more often to 'teach' their muscles how to perform exercises and recruit more muscle fibres to perform those exercises. This doesn't require as much recovery time as muscle repair after muscle breakdown due to heavy lifting.

Very true.

I remember when I first started training in high school and I was getting stronger but I didn't seem to be getting any bigger. Then after about a month or so I started seeing real gains...but it took a while. Ahhh, the newbie days with those easy gains...I miss 'em sometimes, LOL!

Top Bottom